Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Expands Its International Presence at JFK

NLovis

Re: American Expands Its International Presence at JFK

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I think that APU problems would hardly quantify a carrier as having poor MX practices. I am not sure about quad jets but an APU is a no go item for a twin jet flying ETOPS. APU's use alot of fuel on the ground and the carrier probably has prefrences like most others not to use the APU except on the shortest of turns. Like I said, I have no A340 background but I do have a great deal of background with the A320, 737 Classic and Ejet family.
    Yea these are short turns. Usually only here a few minutes over 2hrs. The APU's are always running. But even then they cant start the engines using the APU power. IOB was the 1st a/c this occured with. I know some are newer and some are older then what I said. I'm using that as an average fleet age.

Re: American Expands Its International Presence at JFK

I hope that AA upgrades their equipment to MAD from a 757 to a 767, especially if the ATI with BA and IB is permanently approved. I really dislike flying trans-atlantic on a narrow body aircraft. (for comfort reasons, not operational) Would also be nice if they started service to AMS and Germany from JFK.
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!