Thread: VIDEO pax view Saudi 777 Lands with severely damaged wing

VIDEO pax view Saudi 777 Lands with severely damaged wing

WOW..... I am not sure how this happened or why but this video is really cool. You can see the wing spewing Hyd. Fluid. I am curious if the 777 has a similar gear design to the 767 in that when the gear retracts on the 767 there is a small door/panel that breifly comes up on the wing to allow for the movement of the gear. If you sit over the wing on the 767 and watch the wing very closely you can see the door open. Only a few inches if that.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: VIDEO pax view Saudi 777 Lands with severely damaged wing

Wow, very cool.... I'm guessing either they had some sort of severe engine damage that spit out something that destroyed the flaps, or they took a huge birds with their flaps extended....

...More....Right....Rudder.... lol

This looks like it was a crazy ride!

If you look closely at it and still frame it a few times you can see what appears to be a metal roddish like structure protruding through the middle of the damage. Part of the upper MLG assembly???????????
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

This happened a couple years ago...if I recall correctly, the problem was actually the flap system itself getting jammed, but the pilot tried to ram it home anyway which caused it to sort of assplode.

Or maybe it was the gear. Definitely not the engine. One of those things. I forget. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

The power of boeing for ya. Danaged and still able to make the trip over. Many many years of this its proven. Airbus? those would break up.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Airbus? those would break up.
    Seriously? Did you really just say that? Let's take a few examples...jetBlue at LAX, US Airways on the Hudson, Air France in Toronto - all with no loss of life. I'm a Boeing fan myself, but you can't knock on Airbus based on that.

Please do not be ignorant and PLEASE do not make uninformed foolish comments...
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by kc2aqg
    Seriously? Did you really just say that? Let's take a few examples...jetBlue at LAX, US Airways on the Hudson, Air France in Toronto - all with no loss of life. I'm a Boeing fan myself, but you can't knock on Airbus based on that.

Please do not be ignorant and PLEASE do not make uninformed foolish comments...
    I was talking about stuff like that. Remember Airbus a/c are more hydrolic based then Boeing a/c is. Yea I know there r examples out there. But are there any where they are flying with a hole in the wing and a hydrolic leak? There is nothing on that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by kc2aqg

Dont forget the UA A319 incident I did see at EWR on January!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15