Thread: FedEx 727 at LaGuardia. Video of departure

FedEx 727 at LaGuardia. Video of departure

Hahah I bet every member of the site just ran to flightaware! AMAZING video. Really shows off the lines of the 727 and in my second favorite colors to ever grace the machine. A member reminded me of this video in another thread I posted.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: FedEx 727 at LaGuardia. Video of departure

Very cool, the Whitestone climb off of 13 like I have never seen before. Fedex use to have a very unique and small LGA operation, can't remember when it ended (or why) but I think was around 5-8 years ago. A 727, usally a -100 arrived around 0600 from MEM and did a quick unload at Echo parking at the site of the last couple of Kids day events. Then with some thru cargo onboard it continued around 30-45 mins later to BDL. I believe the purpose was to get some very time sensitive cargo to Manhattan quicker than from EWR. It was strictly one way, no evening departure to MEM.

Cheers

LGA777

Unreal video. That old paintscheme was perfect, the best in the U.S. cargo business.

How come those engines have hushkits? I first saw those longer exhaust kits from 2000 onwards just after Stage III regulations. I don't recall ever seen those in the 90s. Based on the paintscheme, the video must have been taken no later than 1996 I'd say.. :?:

Ron, that is really cool. It is a shame they do not have that mini station to this day. I am sure it would be quite useful. I am sure it was about consolidating manpower more than anything for FDX. Too bad they don't just pick up a jetranger like DHL for the rapid serivces. I am sure it would be efficent. Rooftop delivery!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Excellent find, Ryan !!

Thanks
    Darrell

Awesome video. Very fancy camera work.

FedEx was planning to build a new sorting center in northwest Astoria on Con Ed land a short drive from LaGuardia's Ditmars entrance, which I hoped would bring with it the potential for some FedEx action at LGA. Unfortunately the community board recently rejected the idea because they're afraid of trucks, and apparently everyone who needs a job in this town already has one. :evil:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

awesome video! I remember about 10 years ago or so that I used to see FE 721s depart out of LGA early in the morning in those colors including the present... Great find!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

God i miss that jet !!! I was blessed to fly her into LGA one fine November sunday night in '07, landed on 4,ferrying in empty from YYZ. the 727 was God's gift to airline and freightdog pilots !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

God i miss that jet !!! I was blessed to fly her into LGA one fine November sunday night in '07, landed on 4,ferrying in empty from YYZ. the 727 was God's gift to airline and freightdog pilots !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

I remember that night well. Someone left me a message that you had tried to reach me on freq to no avail as I had slipped the surely bonds of earth myself to sip exotic drinks on a beach someplace else.