Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An-225 MIA 2/10/10

Re: An-225 MIA 2/10/10

You can't fail at what you have not tried to get it :)
    January 2010? :)
    The chance of us getting it into the US for ANYTHING?...probably never.
    Russia AF,
    ADB is apparently still flying one as well.

Senga

So the Russian AF is flying this giant ugly dinosaur (which I think is beautiful). The double tail and propellers always caught my attention. I'd much rather see it in civilian ADB paint.

I don't know if it's ever been to North America, but it used to pop up at European airports once in a while.

Yes I prefer to see it in ADB colors myself. All one can hop for is one of these airshows in the US would do a theme called something like "Year of the Russians" or something.
    Senga

The Russians do not generally think of many things on their own but on the occasion that a light bulb goes off between swills of vodka they do some impressive stuff and go for the extreme. If they could afford to as a nation better fund programs the way we do here state side I think we would be getting out butt whooped left and right in the aviation sector.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Srq, have you read about what the Buran/Energia space program? The Russian Buran on paper was much more capable and versatile than the US Shuttle. Might have been an obvious copy, but it sounded more advanced than NASA's.

Of course all shelved as the USSR was bankrupt, so we'll never know how it would have truly performed.

Had Russia been capitalist since the 70's, Airbus might have gone out of business, Embraer wouldn't exist and Boeing might not have dominated for as long as it did. Despite communist technology, many of their aircraft are still useful today.