Thread: JET AIRWAYS - has anyone flown JFK/EWR-BRU?

JET AIRWAYS - has anyone flown JFK/EWR-BRU?

Always looking for cheaper fares when travelling to Europe, Jet Airways has been the cheapest thus far (955$), while Air France (1459$) Delta Air Lines (1352$) and Lufthansa (1361$) are currently on the pricey side.

I would be flying JFK-BRU on the Airbus A330-200 in July and August. Having seen photos of the interior, I am very pleased! The AVOD seems much larger than on other airlines, and the interior cabin color choice reminds me of Emirates. I am always up to try different airlines (while still earning my SkyMiles) and different aircraft. I think I would definitely enjoy my flights with 9W, however, it is always wise to consider opinions.

I have read some reviews online and heard pretty positive things, one being the rating of the airline as one behind Singapore. Has anyone here flown Jet Airways, especially on the JFK/EWR-BRU route? Thanks for the help!
    Christos

Re: JET AIRWAYS - has anyone flown JFK/EWR-BRU?

I'm actually looking at flying Jet myself, Mike. I've heard decent things about their seats and IFE. Their flight attendants on the other hand are apparently rather surely and rude.

Try taking a look at Aer Lingus and Air Berlin, they normally offer very cheap flights, o/w and r/t, during the summer.

The only problem is Air Berlin and Aer Lingus do not fly to Marseille. I have seen the low prices on Aer Lingus and would have chosen them! To Marseille, I always take a look at Air France, Alitalia, Delta, Iberia, KLM, Lufthansa, and Royal Air Maroc. Jet Airways offers a codeshare with Brussels Airlines. I was looking into RAM, and connected in Casablanca, but I would assume the interior of their 767s is a bit dated.

CORRECTION: Aer Lingus is seasonal DUB-MRS; I will have to check the dates this service operates!
    Christos

Try JFK-DUB-JFK on Aer Lingus and then DUB-MRS-DUB on Ryanair, or JFK-MAD-JFK on Air Europa and MAD-MRS-MAD on Ryanair.

Thanks, I checked some fares. They amount to pretty much the same if I book through 9W and SN. I might go with Jet Airways to save the hassle of booking separate reservations and having to exit the secure area to collect my luggage only to re-check them and go back through security LOL.

But my cousin will be coming here next month on Jet Airways from Marseille; I'll definitely ask him how the experience is. Especially in regards to assigned seating (I hear you can only reserve a seat once your arrive at the airport for your flight).
    Christos

Grouping different carriers for my travel, the cost was very close to Jet Airways, which I can book to my final destination in one reservation. Yes, Ryanair may have very low fares most times, but on my LGW-MRS leg last summer, there was way too much confusion and extremely overcrowded check-in counters while only three agents worked the desks - I waited nearly 2 hours just to check-in, then having to go through security checkpoints, nearly missing the already delayed flight! And besides, my connection with Brussels Airlines will be on the BAE Avro 146-RJ85!

I will purchase my ticket tonight with Jet Airways for 1001,10$. I contacted reservations, and 9W does assign seats, but only over the phone after the reservation has been made.

On my JFK-BRU leg aboard the A330-200, the Premiere cabin extends a bit past the L2/R2 doors close to the engines, so I'm not sure if economy offers a decent view. I suppose I will have to settle for the aft cabin behind the wing, which isn't all that bad.
    Christos

Mike, I've just booked Jet Airways + Brussels Airlines for my trans-Atlantic flights this summer. I depart on July 12th and will be sure to let you know how the service is!