Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Blizzard Possible

Weekend Blizzard Possible

Accuweather is forecasting possible blizzard conditions for the NYC/LI-area Friday afternoon through Saturday. National Weather Service seems to agree, but says track of the storm still not certain. Stay tuned...
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Weekend Blizzard Possible

Crap, good thing I will be using the train to get into Manhatten Saturday. Have to go to a premed admission meeting/seminar being held at the Marriot on 34th street. Now if only I can find a way to get out of the Legacy charter on Friday. Heheheh :lol:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Guess im not flying Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Accuweather is forecasting possible blizzard conditions for the NYC/LI-area Friday afternoon through Saturday. National Weather Service seems to agree, but says track of the storm still not certain. Stay tuned...
    Yup I just saw on News12 Weather that the tracking of the storm will be the difference between a lot of snow or a dusting.
    South good, more north bad. Probably be one of those last minute things.

Too early to predict major snowfall to me.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Could be 2", could be 12+"

I've got the snowplow all hooked up, snowblower ready & a nice long client list. All I need is a TON of the white stuff! :borat:
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70

I've got the snowplow all hooked up, snowblower ready & a nice long client list. All I need is a TON of the white stuff! :borat:
    Are you one of those people who hook up the snow plow and drive with it on the road long before the snow is to fall?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Been watching the national wx map and it looks like a rain event now. Was going to head out tonight but decided to play it safe in case the top part of that storm turned into a ice event. I agree with Phil I kind of think this will skirt us south.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

[quote=T-Bird76]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Big Tim #70":7fhhorcn

Are you one of those people who hook up the snow plow and drive with it on the road long before the snow is to fall?[/quote:7fhhorcn]

No, I'm one of those people who have a full time job and plow on the side so I get the equipment ready when I can & hope for the white stuff! :D

I actually moonlight for a Landscaping company and I just drive for them. I popped in this morning to make sure the truck is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Been watching the national wx map and it looks like a rain event now. Was going to head out tonight but decided to play it safe in case the top part of that storm turned into a ice event. I agree with Phil I kind of think this will skirt us south.
    I think it's going to be too cold for rain. If anything the snow may just skirt us and only drop a couple inches.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

I think it's going to be too cold for rain. If anything the snow may just skirt us and only drop a couple inches.
    I was talking about the storm as it passed through TX and headed west which I would have caught it in the OH area where it could start to get bad.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I just read a probable 8- 10 inches out here on Long Island but meterology is such an imprceise science that it could probably wind up somewhat more or less...

Ken :shock:

10 inches would be :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat:

COME ON MOTHER NATURE, GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!!

Accuweather's snow map shows the border between 6-12 and 3-5 is just south of NYC/LI.

EDIT: The line is moving south, we probably won't get much.

We're supposed to get 12 inches or more here in Philly, and just south of here around Dover they are forecasting 18"-24"+... I'm hoping it won't be too bad, I have to fly out (on AA :| ) this afternoon and then am flying back in on Sunday afternoon.