Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 707 at isp??

Re: 707 at isp??

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    He is basically just representing Qantas whereever he goes.
    Getting $$$$$$?? :)
    John Travolta is a rich man but not Donald Trump-rich, or even Tom Hanks-rich. I don't think he could afford to fly and maintain a 707 without some help.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

N707JT Departing ISP at 3:10pm Local for 17FL.
    ISP
    LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR
    ISLIP, NY
    17FL
    ETMS 400 450 FILED ETD 2010Z

NO excuses for bad or cloudy weather. Get you backsides out there and get the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    John Travolta is a rich man but not Donald Trump-rich, or even Tom Hanks-rich. I don't think he could afford to fly and maintain a 707 without some help.
    He might be able to afford to fly and maintain a 707 but I imagine even for him it might qualify as an indulgent luxury. He purchased it some time ago and maintained it in a TWA double globes cheat line (cheat line only and in blue actually) before that he bought a "connie" which he later passed on to another owner (if there was ever any question JT was not an aviation geek). I had read JT was fetching 20 million a picture at one point, but of course not nearly all of that would go into his pocket. I agree, the Qantas deal is probably saving some relevant $$$$.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

The Lockheed in question is now located in Lakeland Florida. It is owned by someone I have had the pleasure to get to know quite well as a Florida resident and member of the aviation business. Mr. Kermit Weeks. The airplane is painted in Lufthansa colors. Or at least it was. I have not been to the area in recent times. Mr. Travolta also has a Jetcommander or one that at least once was his located at Vaughn in that lot next to Marriot across from LGA. It is clearly visible from the street. At one point he also owned a lear23 which was untill recently in posession (mostly parted out) of one of my former employers in Florida.
    Intresting note about his Gulfstream. He visited SRQ once with it and the ramper who was towing it to parking (previously fired from ASA for leaving an engine cowling unhinged causing it to seperate in flight) pushed the Gulfstream so far up the lip of the ramp it rolled over into the mud and it took two Peterbuilt wreckers to unstick it from there. Mr. Travolta was not physically present when it occured (thankfully) but his other pilot was. Lucky for us, no damage past a few chinks and scuff marks in the main landing gears clear coat protection that is painted over it for corrosion protection from the straps tied around them to get her out.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Tom since you brought it up.
    I guess I should post a shot of the older colors of N707JT. There are not many shots of the plan when it was painted like this so my shot is very special to me. I love the TWA-ish look a few classic livery. Too bad he paints the plane gray instead of leaving it with bare metal.

Senga

Great shot Senga. Is that at LAX? Obviously it was a hot summer day when you snapped that one. :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Travolta is worth about 1.4 bil, Hanks is worth 1.9. Either way more then enough to support his flying hobby. Who know's what Trump is worth since it's been disputed a number of times.

Here is a quick post of his departure

Have more but got to go right now, sorry
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

hiss srq,
    The shot was taken at KORD in 2001- And yes it was VERY Hot that day. I remember it well. I was shooting trains next to the airport and it flew right past me and I wen crazy after I saw it.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Travolta is worth about 1.4 bil, Hanks is worth 1.9.
    Where'd you get those #'s? Hanks is possibly accurate because he has produced a lot of stuff, but Travolta is just an actor...seems unlikely he'd be worth that much.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

Woo thatw as amazing. I'll have my pics up shortly. used 22/24 shots on my film roll. Nice meeting you all.

Here are mine

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

NLovis

Nice shots. I'll have mine up in an hour 1/2 give or take a few min.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Nice shots. I'll have mine up in an hour 1/2 give or take a few min.
    I'm starting my stop watch. :lol:

Guys, thank you soo much for documenting this visit to ISP. This might be the visitor of the last few decades I would venture to guess. Awesome shots!!!!!!!!

What is their call sign?