Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 707 at isp??

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Re: 707 at isp??

What is their call sign?
    The manufacter followed by the regi. Pretty standard for private stuff when the Sands SP came into IFP they did the same just added the "heavy" of course
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    What is their call sign?
    The manufacter followed by the regi. Pretty standard for private stuff when the Sands SP came into IFP they did the same just added the "heavy" of course
    Thanks. LOL thought maybe "Barbarino 1" :lol:

[quote="hiss srq"]The Lockheed in question is now located in Lakeland Florida. It is owned by someone I have had the pleasure to get to know quite well as a Florida resident and member of the aviation business. Mr. Kermit Weeks. The airplane is painted in Lufthansa colors. Or at least it was. I have not been to the area in recent times.>>

Thanks Ryan, yes that's right. "Planes of Fame" right? A bit pricey, but arguably the best aviation museum I have been to. Kermit Week's aircraft are in pristine condition, some or many of them airworthy (last i knew) or theoretically so at least. A examples are nothing short of excellent, and with the addition of the Connie, only more so. I was driving past one night going to Fort Myers, and you can't help but see that DC-3, all lit up diving into the ground. :D

I believe it was probably Mr. Weeks who attempted to get Comet Canopus over to Florida back around 1999, but sadly, if understandably, the powers that be in that instance in the UK would not give her up to leave the country.

<< Mr. Travolta also has a Jetcommander or one that at least once was his located at Vaughn in that lot next to Marriot across from LGA.>> Haven't noticed it lately Ryan, but I suppose its still there. The aircraft seem to have been moved around from time to time.

<< Intresting note about his Gulfstream. He visited SRQ once with it and the ramper who was towing it to parking (previously fired from ASA for leaving an engine cowling unhinged causing it to seperate in flight) pushed the Gulfstream so far up the lip of the ramp it rolled over into the mud and it took two Peterbuilt wreckers to unstick it from there. Mr. Travolta was not physically present when it occured (thankfully) but his other pilot was. Lucky for us, no damage past a few chinks and scuff marks in the main landing gears clear coat protection that is painted over it for corrosion protection from the straps tied around them to get her out. >>

... is that guy still working in aviation someplace you think? Maybe 2 strike is enough in his case..??

Regards,
    Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Fantasy of Flight is the name. Planes Of Fame if I am not mistaken is the name of his collection he has on the east coast of Florida someplace. The first time I saw that DC3 I was like 13 or so and I freaked so bad my mother slammed on the brakes in the middle land of I4. LOL :lol:

And no, thankfully that particular person now works on elevators in Tampa. :shock:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

<<Fantasy of Flight is the name. Planes Of Fame if I am not mistaken is the name of his collection he has on the east coast of Florida someplace. The first time I saw that DC3 I was like 13 or so and I freaked so bad my mother slammed on the brakes in the middle land of I4. LOL :lol: >>

Fantasy of flight thats right. Thanks. Haven't been to Planes of fame I don't think.
    There is a large Shorts Seaplane at Fantasy which really amazed me..... as I was leaving a prison gang was working on the surrounding landscaping...just off the property. :borat:

<<And no, thankfully that particular person now works on elevators in Tampa. :shock:[/quote]>>

hhmmmmm on 2nd thought, maybe he should go back to the airport.. :lol:
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Nice departure shots there Eric, Fred. Lots of smoke too :)
    How many people were out there for the departure?
    Senga

Nice departure shots guys!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Heard around the corporate community today that JT was so impressed with Excelaire's service, he may stop in again during the summer. Something to watch for???

Thanks guys.... here are a few more

Nick, Here you can clearly see those blow in doors in the engine inlets. Now too bad he did not have water injection
    in those engines....can you imagine the big black smoke billowing on takeoff!!! Or hell, can imagine if the FAA let him
    put some JATO (or really RATO..but that is a different discussion).

Here are some more

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

EGADZ!!!!!!!! (Sorry Kenny, it was appropriate)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    beautiful!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Good seeing everyone out today! Here are a few of my shots.

Awesome job, everyone.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

In a cruel coincidence one of anet top 5 today. This is just insult to injury.

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol