Re: 707 at isp??

One more from me.

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

NLovis

Sigh. What are the odds my shots come out messed up? Any guesses?

My guess are the odds would be relatively high considering that you are shooting with a fairly basic point and shoot and likely have limited editing ability. So do not beat yourself up. I actually much enjoy your photographic perspective on the departure. The appearnce of your photos lend to the appearnce of having been captured "in era" with early color film camera. And it also has the effect of accentuating the smoke contrails being emitted from the engines.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Sigh. What are the odds my shots come out messed up? Any guesses?
    The second one isn't bad.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

love those smoke trails reminds of being a kid and watching all those 31 departures a steady stream of twa,paa,and aa 707s,even better black smoke was generated by the cv880s !
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

NLovis, I like hte look of those pics.

our 5 year old canon elph is dying and the pics taken from it are looking a lot like yours. i like it b/c it gives a nostalgic look to it.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

NLovis,
    Don't feel too bad. N707JT hits the NY, NJ area countless times throughout the year. I can almost garantee you will see it within a year just work on getting a better set up before the next arrival. You might have to hit EWR or SWF maybe even JFK.

Senga

I just peeked into this thread now but WOW that thing smokes BEAUTIFULLY! I assume she's hushkitted but the smoke trail is still there!

NLovis, those are cool shots and yes they do look old school nostalgic and to be honest I'm personally not a fan of 100% grain free images myself, they're boring to me. Anyone would be extremely lucky to see a 707 in action and even more with the smoky old engines!

Be happy you're able to catch a 707 in 2010. So, give yourself an applause, Congratulations! :D

NLovis

Yea i'm happy about catching it but I also wanted some good shots. Yea I was using an ancient film camera and those shots arent edited. Thats how they came out. Camera is from the 80's and the film was fujifilm. I think it was the crappy film that got me. Here are 2 more.

Honestly, I like the way your photos came out. I wish that new tower was not in the picture and I said several times before it would be perfectly beleiveable if this was shot in proper era. :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Nothing different from any of the other folkses shots, but here she is...

Don't tell my bossy, I was sick that day lol. And, many thanks to Senga for talking me into running across a 4 lane road for this, and also to Fred for the parking info! Luv you guys!!!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

[quote="NLovis"]Yea i'm happy about catching it but I also wanted some good shots. Yea I was using an ancient film camera and those shots arent edited. Thats how they came out. Camera is from the 80's and the film was fujifilm. I think it was the crappy film that got me.

Stop beating yourself up over the pictures. They are fine. Unlike some aviation photo sites the guys and girls on here
    are not judgemental and if they do give any criticism its only in the helpful sense. That is why this is the BEST aviation
    website on the Net. :D :D

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Yea i'm happy about catching it but I also wanted some good shots. Yea I was using an ancient film camera and those shots arent edited. Thats how they came out. Camera is from the 80's and the film was fujifilm. I think it was the crappy film that got me.

Stop beating yourself up over the pictures. They are fine. Unlike some aviation photo sites the guys and girls on here
    are not judgemental and if they do give any criticism its only in the helpful sense. That is why this is the BEST aviation
    website on the Net. :D :D
    wanted a clear shot like wunala's. Thats a nice shot.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Thanks kid. Just keep practicing the shooting, and really learn how to edit and you'll get there. Don't be afraid to ask questions about shooting or editing. I'm sure you'll get some real helpful answers from quite a few people here.We were all beginners once and, at least for me, without the help of some of the great folks here and on some other sites, I wouldn't be half the photographer I am today. Never stop learning. If you need anything, shoot me a pm bro.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Nice Kenny!! Everyones shots are great! I'm jealous - hoping to get a 707 tomorrow - N88ZL is still at OPF I hear!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/