Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JFK 1/31

JFK 1/31

I'm making a 2 day trip up to EWR and JFK from IAD. I was planning on hitting JFK on the 31st, its supposed to be really nice. Anyone interested?
    -John

Re: JFK 1/31

hello dear Marylander :) I Live in Ocean City, MD but also Brooklyn, NY :))

Wish to join but im in OC right now.... just be careful on EWR and make sure u have some heavy duty lock on your card slot :)
    Living The Dream...

Thanks Chris, but I think I am going to skip EWR all together and do 2 days at JFK. Anyone else going out?

I might join in... can u message me ur cell#?

I may be out on Sunday, I'll post something if I do.

Ok moose, please do. What times would be best for heading to Howard Beach for Asian departures?

Hey John, the best time for Asian departures at HoBe is from 10am to 1pm. I'd come out and join you but I have a lot of work I need to get done. Hope you have a good time!

Thanks Gordon, i had a great day today, even with an overcast sky. But, I do have one more question. I went to Bayswater today just to check it out. From what I saw, it didn't look like a very nice neighborhood. Would it be safe to park along the street?

Quote Originally Posted by JBoulin94
    Thanks Gordon, i had a great day today, even with an overcast sky. But, I do have one more question. I went to Bayswater today just to check it out. From what I saw, it didn't look like a very nice neighborhood. Would it be safe to park along the street?
    It is a shady area but I've never heard of any problems there.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    It is a shady area but I've never heard of any problems there.
    the immediate area around bayswater is not shady
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669
    True, it's not shady like the neighborhoods you drive through to get there, but it is quite strange, in a Deliverance sort of way...little kids running around the street naked...houses that look like they're about to fall over...curious stares whenever an "outsider" passes by. :-)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by eric8669
    True, it's not shady like the neighborhoods you drive through to get there, but it is quite strange, in a Deliverance sort of way...little kids running around the street naked...houses that look like they're about to fall over...curious stares whenever an "outsider" passes by. :-)
    lol. Well if they are using a runway and we get a spot where we can use 100mm i'm in. If not I cant join unless anybody has an extra camera that is useable for that range. Though cause of the winds I can easily say the 31's will be in use all day tomorrow. Wind is supposed to pick up again. Btw be sure to bundle up well cause its going to be really cold again. I would really like to join in i'm eager to get some air shots and meet you guys.

True, it's not shady like the neighborhoods you drive through to get there, but it is quite strange, in a Deliverance sort of way...little kids running around the street naked...houses that look like they're about to fall over...curious stares whenever an "outsider" passes by
    That's enough I think to keep me out......

NLovis

True, it's not shady like the neighborhoods you drive through to get there, but it is quite strange, in a Deliverance sort of way...little kids running around the street naked...houses that look like they're about to fall over...curious stares whenever an "outsider" passes by
    If that indeed does happen its prob during the summer. I think even there smart enough not to freeze themselves.

Thats a little exageration, I wouldn't be concerned going there. Its a great spot and I've never had a problem there.