Thread: LOT Recommits to 787s From 2012

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

LOT Recommits to 787s From 2012

from FlightGlobal:

23/01/10

By David Kaminski-Morrow

Polish flag-carrier LOT has reaffirmed its commitment to taking its eight Boeing 787s, after agreeing to introduce the first in 2012, four years behind schedule.

Towards the end of last year LOT had expressed irritation over the delays to the twin-jet, even hinting at a possible switch to rival Airbus.

But under a new agreement the airline will take delivery of five 787s in 2012 and one additional aircraft in each of the following three years.

"The signing of the agreement is connected with delays in the delivery of aircraft," says the carrier.

LOT currently uses Boeing 767s for long-haul services and states that these will be refurbished in the interim.

© Boeing

The airline became the first European flag-carrier to order the 787, signing for seven 787-8s in September 2005 and adding another single airframe in February 2007.

LOT was originally due to bring the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000-powered jets into service in 2008 and deliveries would have been completed this year.

Delays to the programme had previously pushed their delivery back to 2010.

LOT's revised agreement follows the first flight of the aircraft in mid-December. "The Boeing 787 is the aircraft of the future," says LOT chief Sebastian Mikosz.

"We are happy that they will be included in our fleet, and this represents a sign of our commitment to quality and the changes that LOT is undergoing."
    I CAN'T WAIT!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: LOT Recommits to 787s From 2012

I can't wait. It was obvious that LOT won't get them this year, but until I heard something official I was kind of hoping that by some miracle it would happen. 2 more years with the aging 767's and that's it. Until then when I fly to Poland I'm flying Finnair, Air France or Aer Lingus. Then again once the 2012 orders have a 150% confirmed delivery date I may jump on the old LOT 767 one more time and take myself back to my childhood when I used to fly to Poland every summer. Good times. Let's hope that LOT recieves the 787's before the EURO 2012 starts in June.