Thread: World's Fair Marina - Jan 21, 2010

World's Fair Marina - Jan 21, 2010

Spent a few hours this afternoon over at the Marina catching 31 arrivals. I was there for about 90 minutes when an NYPD cruiser (with 2 of NY's finest) enters the parking lot driving slowly. So in order to make everyone's lives easier, I waved to them and walked towards them. They asked the typical questions, ie: what are you taking pictures of, can we see your ID, etc. Both officers were good natured, and advised me they had gotten a few calls of suspicious behavior, etc. All the time they were very polite, and after one of them took my ID to make sure I had no warrants, record, etc. The other started asking me if I had any good shots, could he see what I had taken so far, etc. After about 5 minutes, all checked clear (as I knew it would) and they said, sorry for the trouble, have a nice day. I stayed about another 20 minutes until the second US Air E190 came in (that I saw) and I left around 2pm with no other problems.
    All in all, a good encounter, and 2 very professional guys from the 110th Precinct.

Re: World's Fair Marina - Jan 21, 2010

I like hearing about these encounters...very good! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Music to my ears! Good representation of us all as well!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I was there that day, I did see 2 NYPD cars near the flag pole all the way at the end of the World Fairs Marina,, They drove past me and I didnt get a problem
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15