Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking at T5 JFK?

Parking at T5 JFK?

Anyone have any experiences with this? Does the lot fill up quickly? Long term parking?
    My wife and I are heading to West Palm in Feb. and taking a 1:30 flight. We'll be there Tues to early Sat AM. We'd like to drive instead of inconveniencing our friends or paying a cab so any thoughts guys?

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Parking at T5 JFK?

never tried the long term, but even the short-term lot isn't close to the terminal. you have to go up to the airtrain level and take the "bridge" over to the terminal. it's all indoors, with moving walkways so it's not terrible but depending on how fast you walk could be close to 10 minutes from your car to the end of the line at check-in.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Long Term is quite a hike from the airport proper. You take the AirTran to the terminals and it is a little hidden. The signs to get to it can be slightly confusing comin g off the JFK Expressway. Add 30 minutes to the two hour check in when flying JetBlue and using long term. JetBlue's checkpoint takes a while to get through and if you have a problem with your Eticket at the Kiosk and have to see an agent it can be almost an hour wait in line. So every extra minute counts and if you happen to be one of the lucky few who breeze through without a problem the terminal is enjoyable. The walk across from AirTrain to the check in area is a good 10 minute hike sometimes. I use JetBlue almost two or three times a month to SRQ from JFK. Having badges for the crew lines does not do too much to shorten the process I have also found. I fly with an airport ID plus my Part 135 Carrier badge for security lines and at JetBlue JFK it still takes eons to get through.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Thanks guys I know about the long term area and that is what I'm trying to avoid if parking at the T5 JetBlue is available as it is closer.

You are going to pay an arm and a leg to park at T5. You're better off parking at long term and taking the AirTrain.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    You are going to pay an arm and a leg to park at T5. You're better off parking at long term and taking the AirTrain.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Thanks guys I know about the long term area and that is what I'm trying to avoid if parking at the T5 JetBlue is available as it is closer.
    Parking in long term doesn't add more then 15 mins onto parking at JFK, as an fyi. I do it all the time.

Parking in long term doesn't add more then 15 mins onto parking at JFK, as an fyi. I do it all the time.
    Thanks again

It worked great. We left early because of the weather but no traffic, dropped my wife and luggage by the AirTrain terminal and then found a space very close to the terminal. In fact we got here pretty fast for our 1:47 flight. TSA
    and checking in was a breeze. My wife wanted to get on an earlier flight but only Stand-By and I didnt want to get
    squeezed in to a middle or window seat so we'll wait for our flight (and aisle seats).

The long term at JFK is on Lefferts Blvd, right?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    Yup. Right off the Belt Pkwy.
    Nice to be in Florida and NO FRIGGIN SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

We are going to use SmartPark JFK in April when we go to NRT.

http://www.smartparkjfk.com/

Can't beat $12 a day.

Even though have access to employee parking @ JFK when the family is flying I definitly use SmartPark. Its $12 a day,(Long term is $18.) plus you get door to door bus service and dont have to hassel with the airtrain and walk the distance to the terminal. I would highly recomend this to anyone who wants to park at JFK.

PS. I arrived after one of our snows and my car was waiting for me and cleaned off.
    "You above all"

Quote Originally Posted by bluejuice
    Even though have access to employee parking @ JFK when the family is flying I definitly use SmartPark. Its $12 a day,(Long term is $18.) plus you get door to door bus service and dont have to hassel with the airtrain and walk the distance to the terminal. I would highly recomend this to anyone who wants to park at JFK.
    PS. I arrived after one of our snows and my car was waiting for me and cleaned off.
    Well I flew down to PBI on Sunday and used SmartPark for the first time and I have to tell you it was quick and easy
    to do both ways. Much easier and faster than the Airtrain especially with JetBlue where its a hike to the Airtrain with
    luggage. Good call there guys. :D
    PS - not sure if its a slow travel time but i left my house in Eastern Nassau at 7:40AM Sunday morning and was sitting
    at my gate by 8:45AM!!!