Thread: KVCV, KSBD, KHMT, L65

KVCV, KSBD, KHMT, L65

Well I did a long weekend in LA this weekend and spent one of the days hitting some of Southern California's smaller airports. There quite a few odd and interesting aircraft out there.

KVCV

KSBD San Berdino
    This airport is a ghost town. The city put lots of money into it to try to get air service including a new terminal, parking lots, hangers, etc. But its sitting there useless. There still is a company that does 727 maintenance there but the 7 727s I saw looked like they havn't moved in years.

L65 Perris Valley Airport

This DC-9-21 is very interesting. There were only ten of this type made for SAS and this is the only one left. I believe its the -10 frame but with the -30 series wings and engines which give it very good short field capability. The runway here is almost 5000 feet long but only 50 feet wide. I wish it was flying but only the Twin Otters were.

KHMT Hemet Airport

I have more and will be adding more to my flickr as well. Of course some LAX stuff too

Bill

Re: KVCV, KSBD, KHMT, L65

SICK collection. I really can't pick one. Good work.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Nice shots Bill,
    The Grumman Tracker the Omega Tanker and the DC-10 fire Bomber are the ones I like best.
    BTW I shot N707MQ when it used to fly for Saudi Arabian Royal Flight. reg HZ-HM3.

Senga

What a great collection there Bill! Look like a trip that has to be taken for all photographers at some stage!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Thanks guys, I was very happy with getting this stuff. It can be a frustrating place though because theres so much you want to shoot but can't get to. Its still awesome to see it all though and I would love to check out some of the other boneyards now.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i'd love to fly jumpseat on that DC-9... i'd love to fly thier PC-6 too! great shots bill! who does that 762 belong to?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Program Coordinator

Great variety and collection! I went through some of the central valley CA airports looking for oddballs once in 08 and found a lot of weird stuff just lying around.