Thread: question about flying DL transcon

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

question about flying DL transcon

A friend sent me a text asking if flying an AA 767, DL 757 or UA 757, what to choose.

I told him the AA 767.

Text that he can't do it.

SO the next was UA 757.

ANother text, cant do.

So now he's on a DL 757 redeye. And asking me what its like. I told him to take a percocet, ambien and earplugs....to numb the experience totally :twisted: but seriously, has anyone done a DL transcon? Wondering if he can pay to upgrade and if its worth it.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: question about flying DL transcon

If they have free seats in the forward cabin open DL offers paid upgrades, but even on AA Trasncon flights that have far more seats those cabins go out full. Keep in mind Transcon flights are always filled with Elites so he'll probably get stuck in the back.

I've done DL Transcon on a 757. I had a pretty decent experience. No complaints here.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

I flew a DL 738 transcon redeye a couple years ago. Cramped, IFE on the ceiling, lots of screaming babies, probably got 3 hours sleep despite downing some Advil PM (and had to go straight to the office after landing). Not enjoyable. The 75s are somewhat nicer, not that they can shutup babies or anything.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9