Thread: More climate change fairy tales revealed....

More climate change fairy tales revealed....

World misled over Himalayan glacier meltdown
    The west Himalayan range includes 15,000 glaciers
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/e ... 991177.ece

A WARNING that climate change will melt most of the Himalayan glaciers by 2035 is likely to be retracted after a series of scientific blunders by the United Nations body that issued it.

Two years ago the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) issued a benchmark report that was claimed to incorporate the latest and most detailed research into the impact of global warming. A central claim was the world's glaciers were melting so fast that those in the Himalayas could vanish by 2035.

In the past few days the scientists behind the warning have admitted that it was based on a news story in the New Scientist, a popular science journal, published eight years before the IPCC's 2007 report.

It has also emerged that the New Scientist report was itself based on a short telephone interview with Syed Hasnain, a little-known Indian scientist then based at Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi.

Hasnain has since admitted that the claim was "speculation" and was not supported by any formal research. If confirmed it would be one of the most serious failures yet seen in climate research. The IPCC was set up precisely to ensure that world leaders had the best possible scientific advice on climate change.

Professor Murari Lal, who oversaw the chapter on glaciers in the IPCC report, said he would recommend that the claim about glaciers be dropped: "If Hasnain says officially that he never asserted this, or that it is a wrong presumption, than I will recommend that the assertion about Himalayan glaciers be removed from future IPCC assessments."

read more...
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/e ... 991177.ece
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Re: More climate change fairy tales revealed....

Good stuff, but you don't believe in human caused climate change Tom?

shame on you :mrgreen: <-- and notice the smiley is "green". I'm going to use these from now to fight climate change.

Since it was gradually and quickly! getting warmer, the polar bears should have been extinct by now, no ice to float on. But a little bit of cooling and the already endangered manatees are scrambling to find water warmer than 68 degree to lounge in for a while, if not they can die. Sea turtles are getting sick and are having to be transported south. Just because of a few extra cold days over the norm.

I should have been swimming here in Florida by now due to emissions, but how about the effects RIGHT AWAY of being colder than usual for a few days? Don't tell me this is a science FAIL. No way! Science is backed.. by scientists and their uhh data, it's a fact! So join the Global Warming Religion!

I'd love to see the progressive in San Francisco and such areas that love to flaunt how they drive a Prius when a volcano erupts and sends more toxic gases than all SUVs in California put together.