Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Catch Day" JFK 1/15/10

NLovis

"Catch Day" JFK 1/15/10

I got alot of uncommon aircraft today hence the catch day title. Nice weather wind mostly calm 40's as a high. Worked out well

Catch of the day. DC-9-51.

Nice shocker. UA 767 at JFK tonight.

Finally a decent enough night shot I didnt have to delete.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: "Catch Day" JFK 1/15/10

wingletted 767s, awesome! wish that LOT would put bent wings on our own fleet...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Are you going to post the uncommon ones?
    It's a shame all that ground equip is in the way, that would have been one nice UA night shot. But having been there, I know you have to deal with what you are given.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    I was thinking the same thing. :?
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    I was thinking the same thing. :?
    Very funny. There already up. the DC-9 isnt very common. DAL has flights with them but its really only 1 actual flight. If another comes in they didnt get enough seats to fill. I've seen that DC-9 swap with a 319 many times. AA 767 with winglets. They dont have many and they dont fly in often. LOT is another. Last time i actually saw LOT here was 09. Yea the UA 767 was the best i could get. I was on the Quantas flight no sadly no dreaming bird.

If I'm not mistaken, that DC95 is daily from DTW (NW7242). The AA B762/W will be all the more common (unfortunately) as more ships are retro-fitted. LO is also daily and, while a very smart looking plane, no special grab. The UA B763 is the closest thing to abnormal, and that operates UA0019 daily. You need to get out more bro.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

NLovis I have mad love for you mate but where the heck are the uncommon aircraft? Those birds are as common to JFK as sand is to the Sahara.

NLovis

If I'm not mistaken, that DC95 is daily from DTW (NW7242). The AA B762/W will be all the more common (unfortunately) as more ships are retro-fitted. LO is also daily and, while a very smart looking plane, no special grab. The UA B763 is the closest thing to abnormal, and that operates UA0019 daily. You need to get out more bro.
    Dude I work at T7 I see all UA flights in and out and the UA 762 rarely comes in. AA has mostly 763's and Boeing doesnt have winglets certified for that version yet. The 762's however do. Check the boeing site thats as accurate as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Dude I work at T7 I see all UA flights in and out and the UA 762 rarely comes in. AA has mostly 763's and Boeing doesnt have winglets certified for that version yet. The 762's however do. Check the boeing site thats as accurate as you can get.
    wowwww!!!!! United has 762's now?? Damn I need that one! I must have been dreaming when I saw the 763 with winglets twice today though

Sooper! Then you can tell me the reg of the B763 operating UA0019 which will depart for SFO at 1917. No B763/W's??? You really aren't making a good case for yourself kid.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

The UA 762 rarely comes in because they RETIRED them all! The shot you have there (N648UA) is a Boeing 767-300. Take it from someone who used to work there.

And if the B763W is not certified, then please tell Delta, AA, DHL, & Austrian, etc. they are flying uncertified aircraft. Quit while your behind.

NLovis

I havent checked in awhile so i'm basing off old info. Could they have made them and certified in 3 months maby but till i sit down and update my info what i got is what i got

Nick, they've been around much more than three months.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

NLovis

Well it was 3 months ago. Boeing site said nothing about them for 763's. IF their wrong then who is accurate??