Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Owners Unite

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: iPhone Owners Unite

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    I do admit iOS4 has a easier GUI to navigate through but on the Android its like running a desktop so you can have widgets ect without having to go from app to app.
    Much easier, Android users usually do not know half the features of their phone because it is too hard to navigate. Just yesterday my brother in law asked me if there was an app on the Android to show him traffic... He has not put his phone down in 4 months and I could not believe that he did not know how to do this. I showed him and 3 other people in the room that owned androids were amazed. Scary if you ask me

iPhone OS is just better and gives a much better user experience.... Specs can not make a person feel comfortable. GUI is key, what is a feature if people do not know about it?

FYI, I was trained many moons ago by GE for Mac Hardware and software and I never liked Mac. I got my wife a Mac tower and NEVER used it, nor did she. I always liked PC and the openness that apple never had.
    Everyone that knows me says I am anti apple...Until the iPhone. I have never met an iPhone user that did not love their phone (Mel did give up due to AT@T service and that is the only person I had ever seen give up an iPhone)

Fair is fair, this is my .02c

(if your getting an Android, do yourself a favor... Try the Android and try the iPhone...do not let specs get in your way of the experience)
    I think you make very valid points. With the iPhone you have all the apps in front of you and you can select which one you want to use and then 2 secs later you are enjoying your app. The Android is built more like a desktop where everything isn't in front of you and it can be confusing for non tech people. One advantage over that is you can customize your home screen on the go so you can have an entertainment layout, work layout, school layout ect; and switch back and forth. Another thing separates the Android from iPhone (just like Windows and Mac) is that Android is just an OS while Apple gives you the complete package of having an OS and hardware. This can be confusing for Android users because companies like HTC and Motorola make custom skins for Android and if you change your phone you have to learn how to navigate the same OS all over again. The only person in my family who owns an Android utilizes .1% of it.

Even with these faults I don't see it affecting me too much, Android gives me the flexibility I need. Also even in the computer world I'm willing to sacrifice a lot for hardware as long as the software is usable and enjoyable. Don't get me wrong though if Android was wiped off the face of the earth and we all had to use iPhones I'd still be happy using it.

And I own an iPod touch so I know the iOS4 experience. I've used an Android phone before but I'm probably going to put Android 2.1 in a virtual machine.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Engadget will have live coverage on Apple's press conference tomorrow. The conference will be focusing on iPhone 4 reception issues.

link

The conference is live right now and Steve blames it on software and only .55% of customers have complained about it and 1/3 actually returned it vs. the 3GS. He said he will not change the design of the antenna.
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51

The conference is live right now and Steve blames it on software and only .55% of customers have complained about it and 1/3 actually returned it vs. the 3GS. He said he will not change the design of the antenna.
    Free bumpers for everyone, hurray!

iPhone DSLR addon"
    http://iphonedslr.com/blog/
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

I just got my iPhone 4 yesterday :D . Now i just have to get back to almost beating Angry Birds as I did on my iPod...
    Adam Sheinhaus

I just ordered my iPhone 4 today....1-2 weeks to get it!!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

do they send it with the free bumper so you can cover up an esthetically beautiful device with a 2 cent piece of rubber? ;)

are you trying to preach to me about rubbers Tom?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Roosevelt Field or Walt Witman Malls don't have any in stock?
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Animating The Antennae Problems
    Ronald Reagan

This is only because they do not use rubbers in china. If they used the rubbers bumpers the video would be a happy one

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Roosevelt Field or Walt Witman Malls don't have any in stock?
    Roosevelt Field was out of stock when I went there Saturday. They only have units to replace any that are bad. They exchanged mine on Saturday.

The last I heard the Best Buy Mobile in Massapequa has a couple of 32GB units in stock.

Well, here are some screen shots of the new X-Plane for iPhone 4 directly off my iPhone

P.S. It looks 50% better on the small high res iPhone screen. These look like crap compared to what I was flying!

and thanks Kenny for helping me find the old thread... I looked last night but did not see it...guess I was too tired.
    Last edited by Derf; 2010-08-07 at 08:28 AM.

Found some new HDR Programs to enhance my camera
    Here are two

Here are the two original images taken with the phone

and the rendering