Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Owners Unite

Re: iPhone Owners Unite

Lovin my new Sim

I tried to keep the thread Game Free but with games like Flight Control, AC-130, Star Wars Trench Wars, iSniper 3D, Sim City, Need For Speed Shift, Call of Duty ZOMBIES, Sonic the Hedgehog, Tank Tigers,MX Mayhem, Air Hockey, Lots of Card games and MANY others, this little LCD Panel has some SERIOUS GAMEPLAY!!!!

This thread could get REALLY BIG if I got into some of the games. Lets just say that
    Hospital Waiting Rooms are not what they used to be anymore...it is now more like a
    family event!!!! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

so this morning I was checking my Earthquake tracker as I do every few weeks.

I usually see one or two earthquakes in upstate NY or NJ in any given month, but today I saw this!

They all seem to be located at the same place

WTF????
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Hell, I am only half way thru my Apps as I have a ton more, this one may be of some interest

I thought it would be good to have in case I wanted to plan a runway shot with the sun setting
    at the end of the location. It would help me to determine what date that would be possible.

then there is this free app

if someone asked me how I took this image

I would have made this and emailed it to them

good for many light sources and has a ton of graphics!

Fred, that Helios Sun calculator looks great, but it's a $30 app! ...for those of us without a jailbroken phone.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Fred, that Helios Sun calculator looks great, but it's a $30 app! ...for those of us without a jailbroken phone.
    I purchase the programs I like and use, that is not worth $30 to me and will not be purchasing!

$30???? OY!!!

I lost internet at home.... 50% packet loss to my modem. Now I have to use my iPhone

At least I still have internet from my iPhone :lol:

Oh, I have Video Out cables so now I can put my photos on the "Big Screen" or I can play videos or even play games. Ahhhh Good times!

Here is my iPhone being used as a HUD....works pretty well
    App is Ihud lite = Free

uses GPS

But you don't have Big Red Fred ;)

where's the google app thread?
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Tommy, I use the Phone as a computer and not so much as a phone. It works well because nobody wants to talk to me anyway. :borat:

Google App? what Google app, there are lots of them!

Google Voice search

or was this suppose to be about the Banned Google Voice App I use?

TODO is a new app that I have been using, not flashy but boy is it great! Keeps me on
    check with all the things I would normally forget! It has made sure that I am always
    busy getting the things done that need to be done. If I slack my list gets long. I used
    to just forget 80% of my tasks and that was great because I had lots of free time. Now
    I know that my sh!t keeps piling up. UGH!

On a side note...3 days ago my wife got a Droid and I have been busy as hell setting that up.
    I think I am about done with all the contacts, apps, ringtones, music, movies...etc.
    Being I have a 3G Iphone and not the 3GS, my phone seems really slow compared. I can not
    wait to get a newer faster Iphone and the 8 gig is really limited. I have to use my pc at home
    for all my music and 90+ movies I keep on my phone. The nice part is that I put the same app
    (ORB) on my wifes phone and everything is now on hers. Now she can watch "A League of
    their own" anywhere. And please remember, THERE IS NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!

My brother in law will not put my phone down with the new MLB 2010 app as he can
    wach the game as we are on a beer run live on the iPhone. I really got to kill that app!

I also have teamviewer to use my pc from my iPhone over 3g...photoshop on the go! lolol

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
    OPERA!!!!! Browser compresses web pages and makes viewing web pages 1000 times faster then Safari!

Crap, My internet went down.....In my home....Glade I can Teather! :borat:

DSLR REMOTE!!!

I should have posted some more info on this awesome App

(YOU HAVE TO TEATHER YOUR CAMERA TO YOUR PC) and your iPhone or iTouch can control your camera with NO WIRES!

Good for studio work where you camera is on a tripod....go to the subject and move there hand and snap....move their head
    and snap...then show them the shots right on the iphone without moving out of frame.

Edit all settings and bracket, time lapse and MUCH MORE. Edit ISO, Apature, Shutter speed...Change your white balance on the fly too! This is soo great. Here are some of the screens

LIVE VIEW

The setup...camera teathered to pc but iPhone wirelessly controls thru the pc

Remotely shots this

9 shot HDR taken from iPhone and edited later on pc..

(I know the HDR was not needed, but when do I ever need a reason to do a HDR?)

Here we go again, BEST APP EVER!!!!
    FLIGHT TRACKER PRO

Like the other version

but lists many more flights!

Shows where they all are!!!

Shows WEATHER

If you do not have a good internet connection, the map will load first in low quality and then high,
    kind of like when a JPG loads

(low quality image)

Zoom in and out and change the OVERLAY maps!!!

Do a search 50 miles around your location at the tap of a button or look up an airport with the airport code

Or view just a specific flight with many different overlays (only 2 shown here)

This app does SO MUCH MORE but do not want to get anyone bored! I LOVE IT! :borat:

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Here we go again, BEST APP EVER!!!!
    FLIGHT TRACKER PRO

Like the other version

but lists many more flights!

Shows where they all are!!!

Shows WEATHER

If you do not have a good internet connection, the map will load first in low quality and then high,
    kind of like when a JPG loads

(low quality image)

Zoom in and out and change the OVERLAY maps!!!

Do a search 50 miles around your location at the tap of a button or look up an airport with the airport code

Or view just a specific flight with many different overlays (only 2 shown here)

This app does SO MUCH MORE but do not want to get anyone bored! I LOVE IT! :borat:
    ok now that is pretty cool!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.