Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Owners Unite

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: iPhone Owners Unite

I'm addicted to the app Flight Control.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Aren't we all! :lol: :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    Me too! It's great on the iPad :D

Before flying, which I do twice a week I usually check iweathr.com designed specifically for iphone. When I am near an airport on a spotting trip, flightaware.com's mobile website is great.
    When I am on a long flight there's nothing better that the Phil Hendrie show flashbacks from itunes.

Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Me too! It's great on the iPad :D
    Have you seen iATC?
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

The TSA just released an APP called My TSA.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    About a million things just came to my mind but I'll reserve comment........

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I know, but they actually did a decent job. Has to be a contractor's work.

It has airport delays, checkpoint wait times which you can contribute to. A "what can I bring" section, a general travelers guide and even a feedback section where you can leave comments down to the checkpoint level.
    Ronald Reagan

I know, but they actually did a decent job. Has to be a contractor's work.

It has airport delays, checkpoint wait times which you can contribute to. A "what can I bring" section, a general travelers guide and even a feedback section where you can leave comments down to the checkpoint level.
    I just downloaded it for my iTouch...not bad. Although for the "Can I bring my...?" tool...bit dangerous you can submit your entry if the item is not found...read between the lines... I guess the TSA didn't add a list of "adult" party favors ;) yeah I'm a sick bastard....

I just downloaded it for my iTouch...not bad. Although for the "Can I bring my...?" tool...bit dangerous you can submit your entry if the item is not found...read between the lines... I guess the TSA didn't add a list of "adult" party favors ;) yeah I'm a sick bastard....
    LOL, that is funny.
    Ronald Reagan

UGH, another 2 Androids in the family and I had to give a 3 hour "HOW TO USE MY PHONE" and STILL got calls all night on how do I do this and how did you do that!!! I am wiped!

why could they not just listen to me and get an iPhone or a Regular phone so I would not have to go thru this?

Hell, I know the android better than most people who own them and can say that supporting 6 of them in my family, I am glad I am keeping my iPhone. This debate will go on longer than the Airbus/Boeing and PC/ Mac and Canon/ Nikon but can tell you that the iPhone is easy for simple stupid people and anyone else who picks one up, we do not look at a laundry list of the "Best" hardware. We like our phones because of the "User Experience" and and Android and iPhone can do the same thing. The new iPhone 4 excels in the number game but not megapixels and the old phone (3Gs) still is an incredible experience. The iPhone has a nicer interface than the droid and I do not have to answer questions non stop from the iPhone users in my family. I wish the Android would die...I hate supporting the family (Who are not techies) 24/7

Everyone that has a droid has to try and tell me why it is better than my Crappy iPhone.... My wife does not have one app that is better on her phone than my iPhone and I have to keep on fixing things that she has a hard time doing...SHE HAD THE PHONE FOR 4 FIN MONTHS and I never once had to figure something out on my phone but constantly have to search or "FIGURE OUT" on her phone how to do it.

(FYI - AT@T does drop calls, not as horrible with me as everyone make it out to be but location does play a part in that I am sure. I use my phone for the smartphone 90% of the time and do not use the phone more than like 2% so the call drop issue is a non event. If you live on your phone you will probably be happier trying to figure out your droid....please do not call me tho?)

RANT RANT RANT.... IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE EASY, and while I have no issues using it, trying to teach a non techie is just hell. I have a headache and I am going to bed!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    ...the iPhone is easy for simple stupid people...
    Must.resist.the.urge... :D

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

I do admit iOS4 has a easier GUI to navigate through but on the Android its like running a desktop so you can have widgets ect without having to go from app to app.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

I do admit iOS4 has a easier GUI to navigate through but on the Android its like running a desktop so you can have widgets ect without having to go from app to app.
    Much easier, Android users usually do not know half the features of their phone because it is too hard to navigate. Just yesterday my brother in law asked me if there was an app on the Android to show him traffic... He has not put his phone down in 4 months and I could not believe that he did not know how to do this. I showed him and 3 other people in the room that owned androids were amazed. Scary if you ask me

iPhone OS is just better and gives a much better user experience.... Specs can not make a person feel comfortable. GUI is key, what is a feature if people do not know about it?

FYI, I was trained many moons ago by GE for Mac Hardware and software and I never liked Mac. I got my wife a Mac tower and NEVER used it, nor did she. I always liked PC and the openness that apple never had.
    Everyone that knows me says I am anti apple...Until the iPhone. I have never met an iPhone user that did not love their phone (Mel did give up due to AT@T service and that is the only person I had ever seen give up an iPhone)

Fair is fair, this is my .02c

(if your getting an Android, do yourself a favor... Try the Android and try the iPhone...do not let specs get in your way of the experience)

I have an android and I love it, but I also have an Ipod touch and an Ipad.

I find that Android has all the apps that I need and is easy to navigate.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture