Thread: Live Tracking on CNN...

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Live Tracking on CNN...

Hey all,

I've been watching the traffic into and out of MTPP, but only what's available online. Flight Aware, etc, don't show the military flights. However, on CNN I've been seeing them showing live tracking with all flights, including the military flights with their idents showing blocked.

Anyone know what they're using?
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous

Re: Live Tracking on CNN...

Looks like Flight Explorer. It's a pay site, a rather pricey one at that. The place I worked at 3 years ago used it, and it ran approx $750/year.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Looks like Flight Explorer. It's a pay site, a rather pricey one at that. The place I worked at 3 years ago used it, and it ran approx $750/year.
    I used to pay for a home version of flight explorer. It was $10/month for a certain amount of minutes (maybe 10 hours?). I don't, however, remember that it tracked military flights. I had it during the time that the shoe bomber guy did his thing and the flight got diverted to BOS. I was watching BOS on flight explorer at the time and even though I know that there were F-15s that intercepted the flight, they never showed up on the tracker.

I ditched flight explorer once flightaware came into existence.

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Roger...thanks guys.
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous