Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Robertson is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Pat Robertson is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Best newspaper letter to the editor ever:

Minneapolis Star-Tribune:
    Dear Pat Robertson,

I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll. You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.

Best,
    Satan

LILY COYLE, MINNEAPOLIS
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757
    Haiti, Cuba and many other places in Latin America where the government has brought a tradition/culture of atheism and cults like Voodoo, Santeria, etc have progressed... backwards. Haiti used to be wealthy, Havana used to be a world city.

It's a valid argument that centuries of Voodoo for the former, and half a century of Marxism, atheism and Santeria for the latter, has brought them to where they are today.
    All valid points BUT..... none of that caused the earthquake.
    thanks, I'm just saying...

As far as Robertson and these media personalities, I'm a skeptic and not sure why so many people even take them this seriously.

On the other hand, it does seems as if some places just get a disaster after another. Haiti already had some devastating floods a few years ago, and there are far more likely places than Port-Au-Prince for an earthquake to occur in the Caribbean area. Truth is, the country and society was already a tragedy before this earthquake, poor people..

> Truth is, the country and society was already a tragedy before this earthquake, poor people..[/quote]<

Cant argue with that. Sad but true.

In other news, Actor Danny Glover believes that the Haitian earthquake was caused by climate change and global warming: Says Glover: “When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I’m sayin’?”

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757
    Haiti, Cuba and many other places in Latin America where the government has brought a tradition/culture of atheism and cults like Voodoo, Santeria, etc have progressed... backwards. Haiti used to be wealthy, Havana used to be a world city.

It's a valid argument that centuries of Voodoo for the former, and half a century of Marxism, atheism and Santeria for the latter, has brought them to where they are today.
    Latin America and Central America are highly devote Catholic nations, more so then the U.S. Santeria and Voodooism exist but on the fringes of soceity. The church in these nations play a far greater day to day role then the Church plays here in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Latin America and Central America are highly devote Catholic nations, more so then the U.S. Santeria and Voodooism exist but on the fringes of soceity. The church in these nations play a far greater day to day role then the Church plays here in the U.S.
    I'm not sure if you have ever been in Latin America but the Catholicism you see in Latin America is mixed in with local rituals and other eithnic beliefs. The pure Catholicism of the Pope over there in the Vatican certainly ain't it. Haiti is supposedly mostly catholic but most actually practice/believe in Vodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter

Minneapolis Star-Tribune:
    LOL! don't know why I didn't read that earlier

Yes Tom, emissions caused both the tsunami and the earthquake (next disaster too)

The last leader of Haiti was a "Catholic Priest" who liked the smell of burning (on fire) tires on the bodies of political enemies.

There was a military coup, but worshiping at the alter of "democracy", Clinton Administration got rid of that guy... [in favor of the "priest" of course...who has now offered his return... :( ]

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"