Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major Earthquake Hits Haiti

Major Earthquake Hits Haiti

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2 ... haiti.html

This is going to be a terrible disaster from what I can hear on CNN now.

Re: Major Earthquake Hits Haiti

CNN just talked with Ray Kelly who was there recently and says this poor country has NO first responders in place
    for a disaster like this. 75% of the 8.5 million are under ther poverty level. Just a tragic story breaking here.

That place is a mess on a good day, and they've been smacked around by hurricanes quite badly over the past few years. Very sad.

Here are some photos of the damage, along with some bloodied folks. Don't click if you're squeamish.

http://twitpic.com/photos/photomorel
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Looking at our local news in West Palm this evening - a real sad story - there is going to be such devastation. What a sad story for such a poor country.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Talking to some people there is a large contingent of Air Ambulance flights that will be launching through the duration of the week down to the area to treat and transport. A few friends are already enroute down with a Lear 35 and a Citation 550. It is going to be really bad. Hati's infastructure is marginal at best on a good day. God bless.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Tiny bit of good news...Just heard a report that PAP airport is in fair condition despite earlier news that it was heavily damaged.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

I can't stress it enough but if everyone gave $10, which amounts to 2 gallons of milk and maybe a loaf of bread to us in the US, its equivalent to live and death over there. Please consider the cause.

http://newsroom.redcross.org/

As of this morning, my uncle and his family are alive but we are still awaiting word from some of our older relatives who live near the center of the quake.

Thank you all for your interest and consideration.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

My prayers Mario. Right now I am on the phone on behalf of a few air ambulance companies trying to get valid airport information so we can get a flow of help in. A Lear and a Citation got in very early this morning as far as I know that were launched last night but it's rough goings. God bless and god speed.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Humanitarian flights enroute. One confimable Challenger 604 will be shortly enroute from Florida with people and supplies. Aircraft will perform flyover of runway prior to landing to verify runway status. ATC unavailable. Updates on airport status to those watching and also on infastructure status as I aquire them from my sources enroute and on site.

My thoughts & prayers are with everyone.

I've been to Haiti & I could not start to describe how bad it was. Because of that trip I will always be thankful for the little bit I have.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

CNN reporting the airport is open for aid flights only. The city is in ruins more so than previously. The infastructure is DESTROYED. Part of Police HQ is collapsed in Port Au Prince. I have also heard some third hand accounts that the airport might be under seige as people are franticly trying to get off the island. People are trying to charge airplanes etc.... This is third hand from a contact who has equipment operating for humanitarian purposes right now.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

I have not been there since I was 4 but I came close to returning this summer when my grandmother was buried on my birthday.

We still have relatives there. One couple has a home and kids living on Long Island, but they still live most of the months in Haiti because to them, on the water, its still a paradise and not the island you see depicted on TV and news, which always highlights the country's poverty.

Coach, when did you go, what for and what parts did you see? I am always curious to others opinions as I only know if from photos most recently.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

BOS is waiving fees for humanitarian flights. An Icelandair jet stopped there for fuel on its way to PAP this morning.

Lynden has a C130 enroute from IAD as well. Hop A Jet has a Challenger with Dr.'s onboard that should be arriving anytime now from FXE and there are a couple of more.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

You and yours are in my prayers Mario. I have friends with family there and my thoughts and prayers are with them as well. Please keep us posted.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]