Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felix 101 - Bethpage

Beautiful images as always, Fred !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    Why would they need, or want to, remove the canopy, only to replace it with another canopy, especially since the original is just sitting in a lot?
    One of the guys demilling the aircraft felt that the sky blue was the best fit for the aircraft and painted it

during a bright dry day it is a great color...but at night, not so much...

Grumman wanted it Grey or Black and I think it works better..... Here is a night shot after the canopy change

Thanks for all the kind words guys!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Nice work. By the that is where I use to work, so I use to see Felix all the time. I definitely need to take some night shots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    One of the guys demilling the aircraft felt that the sky blue was the best fit for the aircraft and painted it

during a bright dry day it is a great color...but at night, not so much...

Grumman wanted it Grey or Black and I think it works better..... Here is a night shot after the canopy change

Thanks for all the kind words guys!
    thanks for the explanation Fred. I thought it had something to do with the canopy itself, not the color they painted it.

No problem...in that last picture you can see the blue "original" Canopy behind the aircraft
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".