Thread: No more Bay Runway at JFK this spring

No more Bay Runway at JFK this spring

I know its been chatted about in the past ,but here is some info on the upcoming closure of the Rwy here at JFK 13R-31L. Besides for the closing when it does re-open it will not be fully functional. Lets hope we have a quiet spring and summer. (Dreaming). I know we are going to cut back our departures for the duration . I imagine thats why we have been boosting BOS flights as we can give our customers a way around the JFK mess.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/08/nyreg ... unway.html.
    "You above all"

NLovis

Re: No more Bay Runway at JFK this spring

Yea all the airlines have cut back flights at JFK because of this. Delta cut back ALOT. AA looks like it cut back a little. United isnt flying much into JFK as it is so I dont think any changes there. From what i'm hearing JetBlue actually increased routes to and from JFK. Good sign in this economy. NWA is gone and idk bout the foreign guys. I have contact with somebody who works for JB at JFK so my info is accurate. I passed by 13R-31L on the 11th and its still open in full operation. When they are closing it idk but when they do i'll be getting alot of shots from 13L-31R (hoping 13L). Now what is the other runway that will be closed after that?

Two points-
    1) We are not increasing the departures during the rwy work. We will be running roughly the same amount of departures as we are running now. There should be no new cities from JFK announced till the summer.
    20 I believe the other closure they were talking about is the intersection of 13R and 22L as they cant tear it up during the first phase as it would take out 2 Rwys.
    "You above all"

NLovis

Ah ok. sounds about right.