Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biman in new scheme

Re: Biman in new scheme

please share some pix with us here! thanx!

Biman has applied before the DOT to ammend its existing authorization to fly to the United States; the ammendment consists in the following:

Biman will initially operate two weekly flights on the following route, and intends to increase the frequency to three flights weekly:

(a) DAC-MAN-NYC (Dhaka-Manchester-New York City) & V.V.

Biman will operate both flights to New York with B777 aircraft exclusively pursuant to a "wet lease" with EuroAtlantic.
    Biman's previous authorizations covered the routes DAC-DEL-DXB-AMS-NYC and DAC-DEL-DXB-BRU-NYC.

I didn't find a start-up date in the extensive document, which by the way is available here:

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/ ... 6480a920a2

So, later on in the year you'll have the chance to spot the 777 at least twice a week.

Best regards.

Just saw this about the new livery: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/n ... nid=132313
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

ya saw that it is so sad.

The new logo is terrible anyways. I can tell getting rid of the word Biman and putting "bangladesh" was done by a foreign brand agency and clueless designer. The 777 looks fine but the 737-800 looks rather crappy in the new scheme.

I wish they made the old livery a little bolder though. Good that they're going back to the old logo.

You do not know how much this pleases me. Looks like BBC came to their senses and reverted back to the true representation of BBC and Bangladesh. The old colors is like flying cultural icon much more so than that horror the new livery is.

FaisalNahian,
    If I do recall when we just learned about the new livery you seemed to be disappointed with how people on the site responded to the new colors. I think many feel the old colors is very classy and represents very well for BBC as the Flag Carrier for Bangladesh. It looks much more powerful than the new colors- witch to me has really nothing to offer visually. Its good to see some airlines come to their senses. Some being TAAG Angola, Air India and the latest being Biman Bangladesh.

And the classic BLACK NOSE?.....Oh man!...Just fantastic!

Senga

I love the old color but I believe new color shows the change that Biman Bangladesh is going through. They are modernizing the airline and I think it was the perfect color to represent it. Also, I love the classic black color on the nose but again it only looks cool on the DC10 aircrafts.

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    I saw a pik of the new colors a few weeks back...
    Very Very disappointing that they went with that. It would have been nice to see a 777 in the "old" colors.

Senga
    You might get your wish Senga. There's a thread on A.net about the government not being happy with the new c/s and reverting to the old scheme!

FaisalNahian,
    That's true. Every airline does need to update their image. I guess whoever got the new colors so far will be very lucky to have it.

mark,
    This means I hope to get the new colors before they removed it or paint it over on the lease 777. I do wish BBC would come back in sooner than later.

Senga