View Poll Results: What is Your Preferred NYC Area Airport?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • LaGuardia Airport

6 20.69%
  • John F. Kennedy International Airport

16 55.17%
  • Newark-Liberty International Airport

7 24.14%

Thread: Your Preferred NYC Area Airport

Your Preferred NYC Area Airport

Out of the Big Three, which one do you like the best? Even if you don't use that particular airport the most, you still may like one over the others. My vote goes to JFK, even though I use LGA more. I enjoy using JFK when I get the chance.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Your Preferred NYC Area Airport

i voted for Kennedy, only because when i travel to the west coast it's easiest for me to get where i'm going from JFK. aside from that, LGA is home...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I voted for JFK,because theyre the international airport in the nyc area with the most international airlines out of the area.
    JETTING IS WAY MORE THAN JUST FREE PEANUTS! JETTING IS ABOUT THE PEOPLE!

Kennedy... Always had gripes about LGA security lines and facilities in general.. Then again, never been a fan of departing JFK between 4 and 8 PM

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by AnBok
    Kennedy... Always had gripes about LGA security lines and facilities in general.. Then again, never been a fan of departing JFK between 4 and 8 PM
    almost any airport will suck at that point. best to do all your traveling in the early AM, lesser lines at TSA and taxiways, and since it's the start of a new day less of a chance to have to be stuck dealing with the previous day's screw-ups. if you fly in the afternoons, you have to deal with the entire day's possible mishaps and mistakes when you push back.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I'll agree, LGA's ground traffic is deplorable. Gotta love pushing from gate one at the DL terminal for a runway 13 departure at peak times!
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    I'll agree, LGA's ground traffic is deplorable. Gotta love pushing from gate one at the DL terminal for a runway 13 departure at peak times!
    What's even more fun is pushing from an AA gate when runway 13 is in use for departures and having to taxi all the way down to the Delta terminal as part of the taxi que. It does happen occasionally especially during summer when LGA is in S.W.A.P., severe weather avoidance program.

BTW LGA got my vote, home for the last 24 plus years, love it !

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    What's even more fun is pushing from an AA gate when runway 13 is in use for departures and having to taxi all the way down to the Delta terminal as part of the taxi que. It does happen occasionally especially during summer when LGA is in S.W.A.P., severe weather avoidance program.

BTW LGA got my vote, home for the last 24 plus years, love it !

LGA777
    That does sound like fun.
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

JFK, for all the aviation eye-candy.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Happened to me a few summers ago on an Eagle flight to DCA. We were #40 for take-off. The taxi to 13 was longer than the actual flight!

My vote is for JFK. I fondly remember the days when at one terminal, red tails dominated instead of blue tails and at another, blue globes dominated instead of triangles!
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!