View Poll Results: What is Your US LFC of Choice?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • AirTran Airways

1 4.00%
  • Frontier Airlines

1 4.00%
  • jetBlue Airways

15 60.00%
  • Midwest Airlines

0 0%
  • Southwest Airlines

5 20.00%
  • Spirit Airlines

0 0%
  • Virgin America

3 12.00%
  • Other US LCC, Please Vote Here and List Below

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Your LFC of Choice?

Re: What is Your LCC of Choice?

JetBlue all the way...Long Live JetBlue!
    JETTING IS WAY MORE THAN JUST FREE PEANUTS! JETTING IS ABOUT THE PEOPLE!

There are just so many things unfactored with this poll..

Sorry Virgin is not a LCC in anyway shape or form. I know you state that in your opening so why did you include it anyway?

The true LCC would be FL, WN, B6 and F9. That is it.

Also, of course B6 will be number 1, this is a NEW YORK CITY based website, I am quite honestly surprised SWA even got any votes, maybe them starting LGA helped a bit!

Otherwise, B6 needs to come to STL so I can try them out, but for now SWA is my number 1 LCC.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Why isn't Virgin an LCC?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I disagree Alex, but I agree with Matt. I listed Virgin America because they are not a legacy carrier. They do share quite a few characteristics with AirTran, JetBlue, and Southwest such as a simplified fleet (which indicates an effort to keep their mx costs low), and low fares. I'll go the extra mile and say that they have a similar IFE product as JetBlue. They don't share nearly anything with the legacies except the nickel and diming, but then again so does AirTran. VX is much more an LCC than a legacy. They also do not fit the "Regional Airline" Category as well as they are not confined to a specific region of the country. LCC it is.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Virgin America is backed by investors, like every other airline.

However, VX puts money into revenue opportunities, and spend money in doing so. This is not a Low Cost factor, Virgin is certainly a LOW FARE airline and in fact probably one of the lowest indeed.

I do understand the spend money to make money, as for simplified, no FL, B6 are not simplified, they lost that once they got a 2nd aircraft.

F9 and WN are the only simplified, by flying A320 family or 737 family.

Virgin America is not legacy nor are they LCC either, nor are they even a major carrier, as they have not earned 1 Billion in revenue yet.

From articles I have read on their operations nothing sounds "low cost" about it, but they certainly do what they can to keep fares low, ie "low fare".

A bettert category for this poll would have been which is your favorite LFC (low fare carrier).

Just my opinion.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Re: What is Your LFC of Choice?

B6 and FL are still relatively simplified when it comes to their fleet. Operating two a/c types compared to more than ten as the legacies do is simple to me.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012