Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: New York-LaGuardia (LGA) Daily Notable Visitors Report 2010-2011

Enjoyed Kid's Day w/o any military aircraft or any fly-by's. At least it wasn't canceled like the Coney Air Show. The Thunderbirds claim they don't know why that was canceled but that was already discussed. At least we got to see Trump's B-727 and the Colombian jet. If memory serves, didn't UAL used to have an aircraft on display? I still have their shopping bag somewhere in my house. What disappointed me was that there was no landing/departure of any choppers so my cap could get blown-away like last year. Most importantly, the hot dogs were more tasty than last years', and the shuttle buses were not crowded. Thanks to the NYNJ Port Authority for providing the free parking and all their planning; I always came by public transportation before, which took 3 hours from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. The weather was great, too.

I spotted the "Smiling Jack" PSA aircraft yesterday while hiking around LGA yesterday. I was foolish to think that this aircraft, now used by US Airways, only appears at Kid's Day. Sadly, I never saw the new Jet Blue "NY Jets Green" aircraft. Any ideas how us spotters could find her? So far, I only caught the Philly Eagles aircraft at JFK.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    I spotted the "Smiling Jack" PSA aircraft yesterday while hiking around LGA yesterday. I was foolish to think that this aircraft, now used by US Airways, only appears at Kid's Day. Sadly, I never saw the new Jet Blue "NY Jets Green" aircraft. Any ideas how us spotters could find her? So far, I only caught the Philly Eagles aircraft at JFK.
    742PS has always been USAir's, not just now after repaint.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    USAF C-37A landed a few minutes ago.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

25 October
    VP-BPZ is here, not on trackers anymore so no real way of knowing wher she'll pop up next.</p>
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

5 November

first sighting of a 'UNITED' titled 738 at LGA today. also, first time i ever saw COA's Star Alliance 738 as well. oh, AAL 763 on an equipment sub too... and N777KK; a G-IV with a pretty cool scheme.

7 November

there's a dornier 328 jet on approach into LGA right now, strangest callsign i've ever seen:http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UJC8WW

was rather dark and hard to see but i believe the airplaen was N400FJ:
    Last edited by cancidas; 2010-11-07 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    7 November

there's a dornier 328 jet on approach into LGA right now, strangest callsign i've ever seen:http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UJC8WW

was rather dark and hard to see but i believe the airplaen was N400FJ:
    It's N406FJ.

Dunno what the 8WW is about, but UJC stands for Ultimate Jet Charters, which owns the plane.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

North American B757-200 just took off runway 4.

Quote Originally Posted by AirtrafficController View Post
    North American B757-200 just took off runway 4.
    I was just going to post that I saw a North American 757 fly over Prospect Park, at 9:48AM (Nov 13th) towards LGA's runway 4. Was it a charter or a lease?
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewild View Post
    I was just going to post that I saw a North American 757 fly over Prospect Park, at 9:48AM (Nov 13th) towards LGA's runway 4. Was it a charter or a lease?
    It was a sub flying for Spirit Airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by AirtrafficController View Post
    It was a sub flying for Spirit Airlines.
    She's done the LGA-FLL-LGA routing for Spirit for the last 3 days - I wonder if one of the A321's is out of commission (MX or something)..
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    She's done the LGA-FLL-LGA routing for Spirit for the last 3 days - I wonder if one of the A321's is out of commission (MX or something)..
    either broken bad or in a scheduled mx check. i think it's more than likely a scheduled check as that would give enough lead time for spirit to set up the charter.

14 November

there are three, yes three, 727s when i left work at 2200 sunday night. VP-BDJ flew in from PBI and VP-BPZ popped in for a surprise visit as well. there was an all-white B727-200 parked by the new fire station as well. also, A6-KAH flew in, she's an Embraer Lineage belonging to the Al Habtoor Group. based on it's rarity i think this is the visitor of the month!

Man too bad that"

"
    Oh the weather outside is frightful, "

and so on! Poor week for spotting. I got two of my to do list today by accident and in the worst conditions: Fog, Overcast, Backlit, Heat Glare, etc. etc.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS