Thread: JFK 12/27

JFK 12/27

Missed the Aeromexico(Old Colors) 777 by seconds as they changed from 31R to 31L.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Re: JFK 12/27

Good seeing you today, Eric. We sure had some nice weather for shooting. Nice catch on the Cathay One World - and I saw Asia World City departing when the Air China 744 was arriving, so it looks like they had all the special schemes at JFK today!

Love the JetBlue moon shot, Moose.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669
    Missed the Aeromexico(Old Colors) 777 by seconds as they changed from 31R to 31L.
    What? JFK is getting the AM 777 in the old bare metal colors?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757
    Quote Originally Posted by eric8669
    What? JFK is getting the AM 777 in the old bare metal colors?!?!
    Yup, flew right past as Moose and I were pulling into our 31L spot.

I was not having a good week spotting wise. Missed the aeromexico 777, Missed the 707, Saudi SP and DHL DC8 came in after dark and South African brought in a A346, she was headed down the runway and aborted takeoff due to engine trouble. didn't see it the rest of the afternoon. Oh well
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

NLovis

the AM 767 in old colors came in today. and darn you for getting that fed MD-11. I missed it by one plane cause my flight came in right before it (the BA 777 that you shot was my flight BA175 from LHR)

The police incident really cut down on spotting time. Still managed to snag a couple, fortunately.

Nice shot of "Augustina de Aragon." First Iberia plane I've flown on.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Nice shot of "Augustina de Aragon." First Iberia plane I've flown on.
    and again one of my flights that day. Got stuck pushing pallets on it cause as a usual airbus being crappy, the loading system does crap. It works but doesnt push anything. You have to manually push the LD-3 and pallets out of the plane. I admit its good to get a workout but extremely annoying.

At least it is not slinging bags on a 757-300 because the cookie sheets are jammed and wont budge. That's a real biotch. Had to do that a few times in my previous life as a ramper when Continental operated the 753 to my station. Back on topic though. I love that AirJam baby bus. Best looking narrow body that serves JFK but I could be slightly partial than again.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

can I ask you guys from what spots you took those pictures ?? and what time was that Polish Airlines ?? I haven't seen LOT yet over NY... I thought they usually land after dark around 8pm....

I just start praying for good weather after 4th for next 2 weeks Im planning spotting every day :P will be more than happy to see some of you :)

Here is my set from 12/27

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisparyp ... 958807197/

'Burger King" Spot the most, and some from the "Mott Ave Park"
    Living The Dream...