Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Passenger Lights Firecrackers on Northwest Flight!

Re: Passenger Lights Firecrackers on Northwest Flight!

Here we go again......

<< Law enforcement officials identified the suspect as 23-year-old Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab. Others had slightly different spellings.

While Mudallah was not a no-fly list, his name was in a database indicating that he had significant terrorist connections, said Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.>>

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/internatio ... z0alD1IBRc
    "Keep 'em Flying"

We had to take off our shoes after Richard Reid? Will we have to take off our pants now?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

US TSA granted seal of approval to security procedures at Lagos, Nigeria airport exactly a month ago. http://is.gd/5BIC6
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

The thing I dislike most about this is the negativity that ends up surrounding it....mostly with a blame game, instead of being thankful, thinking positively and more importantly, looking towards solutions.

His name being one that was known and supposed to be on the list...mistake was made and I'm sure someone will lose their job(s) over it. I would bet it probably won't happen again and they'll find a way to get around any misspelling issues.

The liquid ban has nothing to do with us, as he didn't get through our airport screening. I'm sure new procedures and requirements will be implemented or enforced with regard to how foreign countries screen.

Most importantly, we see the determination and teamwork of American civilians who stepped up when seeing danger and going after this guy as he tried to pull it off.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    We are going to Super Secret Orange.
    Is that anything like Double Secret Probation? Maybe someone should have gotten Homeland Security the big box of crayons for Christmas, then they could go to Level "Mauve". :shock:
    Heaven help us if we ever reach Elmo!
    LOL, you should see some of the things we have made up. :)
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

US TSA granted seal of approval to security procedures at Lagos, Nigeria airport exactly a month ago. http://is.gd/5BIC6
    Just because the TSA did an inspection doesn't mean the TSA controls what these overseas airports do.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

I was kind of surprised the White has come out and said it was an attempted Terrorist attack. I would have expected a response closer to "lets get all the facts before we call it an attempted terrorist attack." I'm glad it ended as well as it did and that he was caputured. Hopefully the FBI can extract some good intel from him.

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Just because the TSA did an inspection doesn't mean the TSA controls what these overseas airports do.
    For some reason TSA in Lagos, Nigeria doesnt given me the "warm and fuzzies".

>Most importantly, we see the determination and teamwork of American civilians who stepped up when seeing danger and going after this guy as he tried to pull it off.[/quote]<

Actually in this instance it was a Dutch film director.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... on_no.html

Why is everyone (not on this site) blaming the TSA and their procedures? Last i checked AMS security wasn't run by the TSA.

I'll take the stand of holding the entire DHS accountable for this one...someone dropped the ball, and it doesn't matter which uniform their were wearing...

Quote Originally Posted by mmedford
    I'll take the stand of holding the entire DHS accountable for this one...someone dropped the ball, and it doesn't matter which uniform their were wearing...
    Wait a minute, DHS is a United States Department. While they work with other countries to assist them it is the other countries responsibilities to conform to the international standards. The matter of watch lists and no fly lists again is a US driven matter. Countries do what ever they want. If you are going to blame US DHS for this perhaps we should get to the point of banning flights coming into the US or have them all land at a neutral location and passenger and baggage be screened before continuing to the US.

And yes I do work for DHS so I do have the insight on this matter.
    Ronald Reagan

perhaps we should get to the point of banning flights coming into the US or have them all land at a neutral location and passenger and baggage be screened before continuing to the US.
    You know what, if this keeps up... I potentially see that happening...

Unless I am mistaken, if Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab was on the US No fly list, the aircraft would not be allowed to enter US space. Isn't that right? Haven't aircraft been diverted from US Airspace that have departed Amsterdam in the past due to who boarded the aircraft?

[of course would be terrorists can simply change their names, use other's id and photo etc... ]

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

<< Alhaji Umarum Mutallab, former Nigeria First Bank chairman, ex-minister, told police Saturday, Dec. 26, that the 23-year old Nigerian who tried and failed to blow up the Amsterdam-Detroit Northwest Flight 253 Friday, Dec. 25, is his son. According to family members, he had been worried by his son's extremist religious views and six months ago reported his activities to the US embassy in Lagos. Devastated by the news of the attempted bombing, he said he was surprised his son had been given a US visa. >>

http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=6437

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"