Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Passenger Lights Firecrackers on Northwest Flight!

Passenger Lights Firecrackers on Northwest Flight!

Lands in Detroit, Minor Injuries reported -CNN

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Re: Passenger Lights Firecrackers on Northwest Flight!

It was an A330, enroute to Detroit from Amsterdam, 278 on board.

Someone's spending Christmas night in jail!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Moron! Why would anyone do that?????

free food for the holidays!!!

I can see the jail cell now
    BUBBA: (In a very deep voice) I'll show you Fireworks!!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Some Dutch airport security folks have some 'splaining to do.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Reports are now saying this was a terrorist attempt by a Nigerian man with ties to Al Qaeda...

http://wcbstv.com/national/delta.plane. ... 91114.html

Official: Passenger Attempted To Blow Up Plane
    Passenger Aboard Delta Plane At Detroit Metropolitan Airport Sets Off Fireworks; No Injuries Reported

WASHINGTON (AP) - A passenger on board a Delta flight from Amsterdam to Detroit on Christmas Day was trying to blow up the plane when he ignited fireworks, a U.S. Defense official said Friday.

The incident only ended up causing a commotion and some minor injuries.

The firecrackers went off as Northwest Airlines Flight 253, an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers and operated by Delta, was arriving in Detroit from Amsterdam. Delta and Northwest have merged.

Elliott says the passenger was immediately subdued. She had no details on injuries.

One passenger from the flight was taken to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, hospital spokeswoman Tracy Justice said. She didn't know the person's condition, or whether the person was a man or woman. She referred all inquiries to the FBI.

An FBI spokeswoman in Detroit says the incident is being investigated.

It is also not known how the fireworks were allowed onboard, but the spokesperson told CBS News that the airline "is cooperating with authorities during this investigation."

J.P. Karas, 55, of Wyandotte, Mich., said he was driving down a road near the airport and saw a Delta jet at the end of the runway, surrounded by police cars, an ambulance, a bus and some TV trucks.

"I don't ever recall seeing a plane on that runway ever before and I pass by there frequently," he said.

Karas said it was difficult to tell what was going on, but it looked like the front wheel was off the runway.

The flight left Amsterdam's Schiphol International Airport at 8:45 a.m. local time Friday morning and arrived in Detroit a 12:01 p.m. CST.

BREAKING NEWS: Incident Aboard Delta Airliner...

Dec 25, 5:49 PM EST

A senior U.S. counterterror official says a passenger aboard a Delta Air Lines flight in Detroit was planning to blow up the plane but the explosive device failed.

The official said the passenger was being questioned Friday evening. It was not immediately clear why the passenger wanted to attack the flight that was arriving from Amsterdam.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing.

Authorities initially believed the passenger had set off firecrackers that caused some minor injuries.

A Delta spokeswoman said the passenger was immediately subdued.

She had no details on the injuries.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

ROMULUS, Mich. (AP) - A passenger aboard a plane at Detroit Metropolitan Airport set off firecrackers Friday, causing a commotion and some minor injuries, a Delta official said.

Delta Air Lines spokeswoman Susan Elliott said the passenger was subdued immediately. She had no details on the injuries.

One passenger from the flight was taken to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, hospital spokeswoman Tracy Justice said. She didn't know the person's condition, or whether the person was a man or woman. She referred all inquiries to the FBI.

An FBI spokeswoman in Detroit said the incident is being investigated.

The firecrackers went off as Northwest Airlines Flight 253, an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers, was arriving in Detroit from Amsterdam. Delta and Northwest have merged.

J.P. Karas, 55, of Wyandotte, Mich., said he was driving down a road near the airport and saw a Delta jet at the end of the runway, surrounded by police cars, an ambulance, a bus and some TV trucks.

"I don't ever recall seeing a plane on that runway ever before and I pass by there frequently," he said.

Karas said it was difficult to tell what was going on, but it looked like the front wheel was off the runway.
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

Holy ****! Really, thats all I can say.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Now the news said it was some sort of bomb.
    Plus mentioned to expect the TSA to increase the level of screening, and delays, even more.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

DHS has raised the threat level for airline flights to Orange.

White House is now saying it was an attempted terrorist attack.

AP reports senior U.S. counterterrorism official said the device consisted of liquid and powder, but it failed to work properly.

ABC: Fedederal situational awareness bulletin noted that the explosive was acquired in Yemen with instructions as to when it should be used.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Incident Aboard Delta Airliner...

Already posted in the "NEWS AND AIRCRAFT VISITORS" thread here:

passenger-lights-firecrackers-on-northwest-flight-t17885.html

Continue discussion there!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    DHS has raised the threat level for airline flights to Orange.
    Airports have always been on Orange, other modes are ay yellow. We are going to Super Secret Orange.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    We are going to Super Secret Orange.
    Is that anything like Double Secret Probation? Maybe someone should have gotten Homeland Security the big box of crayons for Christmas, then they could go to Level "Mauve". :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    We are going to Super Secret Orange.
    Is that anything like Double Secret Probation? Maybe someone should have gotten Homeland Security the big box of crayons for Christmas, then they could go to Level "Mauve". :shock:
    Heaven help us if we ever reach Elmo!