Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Passenger Lights Firecrackers on Northwest Flight!

Re: Passenger Lights Firecrackers on Northwest Flight!

Since we take off our shoes because of the shoe bomber next we will take of our underwear because of the underwear bomber. :evil:
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    A man, possibly Nigerian, locked himself in the bathroom on today's NW253 and became belligerent when the crew knocked down the door and dragged him out. The plane was taxied to a remote area at Detroit Metro airport, passengers were evacuated onto buses.

AP now reporting investigators have determined he was just a businessman who got sick.

Multi-million dollar vs. Delta any second now.
    Our society is losing it.... Terrorists don't have to blow up airliners to mentally destroy us...we are doing it ourselves.
    How well put.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    > Current security measures seem to harrass the innocent. I hope the TSA drastically changes their screening policies. They go crazy when they see plane-spotters taking photos of aircraft yet are lax about what is brought aboard aircraft.
    <

Well it isnt the TSA harassing spotters but I agree with that point.
    What has happened that even though the explosion didnt go off as planned the "terrorists" can claim a "victory".
    They have disrupted TSA security procedures during the busiest air travel season.
    The media is already going wall-to-wall with coverage questioning the Obama administration and our own
    airline security. Much of it negative in tone.
    And of course the psychological impact on the American public.[/quote]

No- its true, the TSA are major jerks if your trying to spot- nevermind take pics- in the terminal.
    Their system is broken and needs to be fixed- cuz its not working!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Quote Originally Posted by coachrowsey
    There is no way EVER that I will get in the nude o scope machine. They can go strait to ....
    The nude-o-scope only shows a ghost image now. The photos that you may have seen were when it was originally released for review and it was dialed down a little then. I have been to our tech center where they can dial it up. Everyone looks at each other straight in the eyes there.

And I'll use the joke we have: "Don't worry, it aint no big thing" :shock:
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    The same thing happened before 9-11. Actor James Woods reported to the FBI that 2 passengers sitting near him were acting suspiciously but no action was taken. It turned out sadly that they were part of the evil hijacking team that attacked us on 9-11.
    No, that's incorrect. He apparently saw several men who he thought were acting suspiciously, he told a flight attendant about it, and she reported it to the cockpit. The crew said they would file a report with the FAA. Following the 9/11 attacks, he called the FBI to report what he had seen on his flight, and he was subsequently questioned by the FBI. While he couldn't definitively identify any of the suspicious passengers as 9/11 hijackers, he claims that he was told by a "high government official", not in the FBI, that the men he saw were involved in the 9/11 attacks.

I saw this in a couple of stories about
    ...attempting to blow up a Detroit-bound commercial airliner on Christmas with explosives that had been sewn into his underwear...
    We all know what happened with security screening after they caught the "Shoe Bomber". I can't wait for what the TSA will come up with now! I'm sure glad I'm not in EMShighway's shoes :shock:

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway

The nude-o-scope only shows a ghost image now. The photos that you may have seen were when it was originally released for review and it was dialed down a little then. I have been to our tech center where they can dial it up. Everyone looks at each other straight in the eyes there.
    Dude, if you guys want to see my junk, at least treat me to dinner and a drink. Sheesh!

Ok, all kidding aside, I am glad to hear twas a miracle of sorts that it did not go off.

I think the biggest issue to come out of this is that yet again, one agency is not sharing info with another. It's always amazing to see how much we know of those people AFTER the fact, and not before. And this is after his guy;s father called in to authorities!

You can harass aviation spotters to no avail.
    you can make us remove our shoes and look at our junk, perhps to some positive benefit.

But if the agencies do not communicate to each other, the system is still not efficient.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

It makes sense to use a Nigerian to smuggle explosives in this underwear. Could you see an Irish man try that? It would look very suspicious. It should have been suspicious for the Nigerians considering it was only six inches long.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

I think the biggest issue to come out of this is that yet again, one agency is not sharing info with another.
    Or how about one agency totally dropping the ball here. No matter who spoke to who this person should not have been able to get past screening where the flight originated. This new policy of remaining in your seat prior to landing is the biggest joke. No matter how you slice it to be totally safe we would have to do what EL AL does. Which includes getting to the airport much earlier than we do now so every passenger gets screened more agressively. Not being able to buy a ticket last minute and basically having your background totally checked thoroughly when you buy a ticket. Otherwise we are kidding outselves.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

It makes sense to use a Nigerian to smuggle explosives in this underwear. Could you see an Irish man try that? It would look very suspicious. It should have been suspicious for the Nigerians considering it was only six inches long.
    LMAO
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

There is no way EVER that I will get in the nude o scope machine. ...
    Dude I dont think ANYONE wants to see that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no way EVER that I will get in the nude o scope machine. They can go strait to ....

You may want to re look at your own web site on what the TSA sees. Like I said they can pound sand(I'll play nice) before I go through one.

You may want to re look at your own web site on what the TSA sees. Like I said they can pound sand(I'll play nice) before I go through one.
    What's the big deal if some screener see's your junk? I guess some of us aren't as blessed as others ;) LOL Seriously though I could careless about the nude-o-scope, I've been through that..the puffer..and some other machine in MCO.

That is dialed down.

Ronald Reagan

I'm sorry I disagree but what ever. It will NOT happen.

I'm sorry I disagree but what ever. It will NOT happen.
    Are you talking about the Whole Body Imagers? Already happening and this incident will only speed up the deployment.

They are currently in:
    Albuquerque International Sunport Airport
    Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
    Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
    Denver International Airport
    Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
    Detroit Metro Airport
    Indianapolis International Airport
    Jacksonville International Airport
    McCarran International Airport
    Los Angeles International Airport
    Miami International Airport
    Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
    Raleigh-Durham International Airport
    Richmond International Airport
    Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
    San Francisco International Airport
    Salt Lake City International Airport
    Tampa International Airport
    Tulsa International Airport
    Ronald Reagan