Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Trip?

NLovis

A Trip?

hey i've been thinking. since were a huge group and what not we should plan out something that we all could do. Maby try to plan a trip to see the Boeing field or something like that. You guys were recently on the Today show and that was like a stepping stone. Now I think its time to get out there as a group and do things that we normally couldnt do as an individual.

Re: A Trip?

I don't know why a trip to BFI would be difficult as an individual, or easier as a group.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

NLovis

well we couldnt get onto the field as an individual but as NYCaviation we could try and get in. and if we were lucky get some nice shots of the 787 dreamliner and the 747-8.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    well we couldnt get onto the field as an individual but as NYCaviation we could try and get in. and if we were lucky get some nice shots of the 787 dreamliner and the 747-8.
    WAYYY More easier than it sounds...

it's alot of work to do something like that, along with security screening and background checks involved...there are many events that airports have to allow the public on the airfield, and many of us have our own access which we do use...

It's not perfect, but this is post 9/11 and it just works...

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by mmedford

it's alot of work to do something like that, along with security screening and background checks involved...there are many events that airports have to allow the public on the airfield, and many of us have our own access which we do use...

True but we dont have access to the boeing field. Think about it. What if we were able to egt this whole thing set up and allowed over to that field? We would get to see the assembly lines and planes before they even start flying. That would be awsome but now here comes the big part. What if we were able to se the 787 dreamliner in boeing colors? Wouldnt you want to catch the #1 787 in full boeing colors? I dont know about you but that would be something that would be extremely hard to top. Its only for so long you see a line in boeing colors especally the origional beginning of a line.

Quote Originally Posted by mmedford

True but we dont have access to the boeing field. Think about it. What if we were able to egt this whole thing set up and allowed over to that field? We would get to see the assembly lines and planes before they even start flying. That would be awsome but now here comes the big part. What if we were able to se the 787 dreamliner in boeing colors? Wouldnt you want to catch the #1 787 in full boeing colors? I dont know about you but that would be something that would be extremely hard to top. Its only for so long you see a line in boeing colors especally the origional beginning of a line.
    Take the tour!

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/tours/
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

NLovis

Thats only a general tour. I'm taking about a special tour. besides as a group we can find a spotting spot and spot around for the day.
    edit: it would also work as a member thing. I joined 1 day after ur winter party but organizing something like this would be cool. One day during the winter we all fly out and check this out. If we do this in advance early enough we can get some cheap seats on an airline or if its easier we can charter a fight on North American over there if they fly over.

Thats only a general tour. I'm taking about a special tour. besides as a group we can find a spotting spot and spot around for the day.

Here are spotting guides for both Paine and boeing field.

http://nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/pae/

http://nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/bfi/
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

NLovis

heh next time i edit sooner

Much easier said than done. However, a cool idea. The idea of chartering a jet is a very complex affair.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    However, a cool idea. The idea of chartering a jet is a very complex affair.
    Not to mention expensive. It would be much more cost-effective to fly commercial.

whats wrong with acouple of chairs, a cooler of beers and sitting along the nassau expressway near the 22L ALS...?

Did someone say beers!? Beers!? Did I hear beers!? 8)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

NLovis sitting next to you on a plane for 5 hours would be rather interesting I think.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    However, a cool idea. The idea of chartering a jet is a very complex affair.
    Not to mention expensive. It would be much more cost-effective to fly commercial.
    again as i said we can fly commercial if early enough. the problem would be depending on how many ppl go if we can get enough seats on a single flight. I've never chartered a flight so i wouldnt know how hard it can be. Aside from seeing brand new planes rolling out from the factory we get to see what else pops in like the dreamlifters, 787 dreamliner, etc etc. There are plenty of photo ops on that aside from the flight over depending what there is we might be able to get a old plane like a MD-80 or if were lucky enough a DC-9 from delta. this is up to the group leaders though. i'm just putting the idea out there and if they do like the idea i wouldnt mind looking up flight info and seats.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    NLovis sitting next to you on a plane for 5 hours would be rather interesting I think.
    lol. there would be alot of plane talk thats for sure.