Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIA, OPF, TMB, FLL recap Dec 16th- Dec 19th (Many Pics)

MIA, OPF, TMB, FLL recap Dec 16th- Dec 19th (Many Pics)

Greetings,
    I recently got back from a short trip to South Florida to shoot the Mexican Air Force 737-200 that has been undergoing MX for 1.5 months at at OPF. I have had my eye on the MAF 737-200 for several years not have not been very successful getting it at ADW because of tracking issues with the route so I figured I'd fly down to get it. In IMHO think it is probably the most attractive 737-200 that is still flying. It maintains a classic lightning bolt cheat line that most world air forces no longer carry on their planes. As to be expected the crappy weather followed me to FL for most of the time I was down there. (I am a glutton for punishment). Torrential downpours and poor lighting made shooting difficult and ramp shots are pointless in driving rain. The positive was there were a few unscheduled transient surprises like the MNG Cargo A300, Nolinor 737-200 and the Bolivian Air Force C-130. I already had the MNG Cargo from SWF in yellow,blue but this one was in true MNG colors so it was nice to get the actual livery.

The Transcarga A300 that has been alluding me at JFK for over 2 months due to night time arrivals was at MIA. I am very pleased to FINALLY get this aircraft! For several weeks now JFK has only been getting the white untitled A300 now and at night.

Although I added several new airlines and aircraft to my collection. The highlights for the this trip are as follows:

Mexican Air Force 737-200
    Lithuanian Air Lines AN-2
    Nolinor 737-200
    Transcarga A300
    Dominicana DC-9-32
    Bolivian Air Force C-130

Since I have so many shots I will only post the most relevant on NYCA and a link to some others on my flikr account. They can be seen on the link below.
    I won't bother to upload most of the planes I shot on previous trips to the airports.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aviophotog

It was nice to meet up with Robert again for some photography as well as to meet a few new people. Nice to shoot with you Eddy G. and Steven M.

What a way to end 2009.
    Senga

Re: MIA, OPF, TMB, FLL recap Dec 16th- Dec 20th (Many Pics)

Senga.. that is an INSANE haul.... you even got a TRI-Lander !!!! on top of everything else.. is that the only one in the US? Gotta love it...

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Re: MIA, OPF, TMB, FLL recap Dec 16th- Dec 19th (Many Pics)

Thanks Tom,
    Yes the Tri-Lander was a big catch. This one flies for Vision Air Haiti (VAH). I have to see if I have another Pic of a Tri_Lander. I don't know if it is the only one in the US. Technically this one isn't in the US as it is Haitian Registered and is only here for MX. Registration is HH-RPL.

Senga

Well, its physically here, for now, anyway. Maybe theres a Trilander in a museum someplace in the US, but I don't know of any.

Also, why does nearly everything you shot have a better, or at least more interesting, livery than what we see at JFK everyday??? :D

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Love the SRQ (Amerijet) 727 shot. Also, I did not realize Nolinor had jets. Thought they only had Convairs. Great work. She looks very sharp. Factory fresh indeed.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Senga great shots but nothing from FXE? You were close.
    You brought back some great memories of copter hunting in South Florida. My in-laws had a 2 bedroom in Margate
    and we used to go there every Feb in the 90s during Winter recess when the kiddies were smaller. FXE was a quick ride
    from the apt and I even got to see the Yankees in Spring training a few times as the stadium is (was?) right next to the
    airport. Got to chat with one of the Broward Cty Sheriffs pilots at FXE also. Having kids is a great opener. LOL!!
    On a number of trips I did FXE, Opa, FLL, and finish down at Tamiami (lots of copters there including Metro-Dade FD 412s). Also would hit Pompano and did a few trips to PBI. Havent been there in YEARS but will be going down to Boca in Feb but more business than pleasure so not sure if I'll get spotting time.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Holy wow :mrgreen: Although I would not expect anything less! Great catches. Cool to hear the Trilander is in Haiti. Im thinking of heading down there.

I think that Venezolana is a former TWA bird that I have pictures of when I was there a year ago.

Very cool! Thanks for showing!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Tom,
    Thats true. I thought Tri-landers were more common that what I know now. I guess I was VERY lucky to get that plane. I wish it was put together though and more intact. Glad it has the Haitian registration as well. That's a new prefix for me.

I thought the same thing about the liveries. Lots of nice looking liveries on these planes and brought me back some excitement that has been lacking in our area.

Ryan,
    I had no idea Nolinor had jets as well. It really caught me off guard. I was pissed that it stopped off at EWR and then I go away and something comes in but lucky got me it went to MIA.

Gerard,
    Glad to bring back some good memories.
    No I didn't to go FXE n this trip. Hopefully I can get there next time.

Mario,
    I see it also flew for UAL Express. That registration does seem familiar (N314UE)
    What was the reg for it when you think it flew for TWAEX?

Senga

Senga,

You out did yourself capturing so many unique aircraft in just a few days. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you in a few weeks ... at least catch a few of the ones you got. Would be nice.

Nice shots all. Enjoyed looking at them as usual.

Art

Very nice, all the way around, Senga! The MAS 767, LYC L100 and the Eastern DC-7 look best to my eye...
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black

I saw the Trislander a month ago, extremely rare sight. I don't think I've seen one of those in person or a Haitian reg before, and if I have I don't remember. Not even at OPF. The titles were made more to match the color of the Convair they first put those stickers on.

The MNG has been at Miami at least on 2 previous occasions, one in the Danzas yellowish fuselage and one like this one here. One was taking supplies/parts to a US base in Turkey, Iraq or Afghanistan.

That Nolinor 737 might be a first for Florida. Was it just painted or for maintenance? Those two C-130s have gone to OPF in several occasions, but not common either.

For just coming down from NY for a few days these were very lucky catches, even the GOL was finally positioned where it could be shot. I have no idea how, but only Lucky B can go visit a place for 3 days and pull this off... LOL

Thanks,

Art,
    Most of the stuff should be there when you get to the area. There might be somehting else new that wasn't there when I was..you never know :)

Hussman75,
    When I lived in FL I totally forgot to shoot the MAS 767 (I knew there was one airlines that I totally forgot to get) when I was there before. I never saw it when I was there so I was quit happy to get it with in a few minutes of being at MIA.

Mario,
    I shot that yellow MNG at SWF in 2006. It was a nice looking plane.

Apparently the Nolinor B732 was a VIP Charter for the Dominican Government. Its hard to get a lot of Canadian aircraft as they don't often fly to the US often.

Lucky B usually isn't Lucky but once in a while he does get "lucky". Even a blind squirrel can eventually find a Nut.
    Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Thanks, Even a blind squirrel can eventually find a Nut.
    Senga
    Senga, I think you could replant a rain forest at this point...... :lol:

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Wow Senga, what an AWESOME collection of rare and unique birds. I really like the scheme on the Vision 738, and of course on the Mexican Air Force 732. I know that bird well, as it's former USAir/Metrojet N286AU.

Thanks for sharing with is mere Mortals !

LGA777

Senga, MAS used to serve JFK with DC-8's no? Or were you referring solely to the 763's they have?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"