Thread: Burger info, very informative.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Burger info, very informative.

I am still getting a huge double double or even a 3 by 3 when I pull into IFP! It's just so good.

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis ... t-instead/
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Re: Burger info, very informative.

They are putting a Five Guys in the CTB of LGA. Replacing Wendy's in the food court near American. :borat:
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

SWEEEET! Theres one a few blocks from me in Long Beach across from from Burger King. And one in Little Neck right off the LIE by Marathon.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

The "healthier" options are not that healthy. Might as well go for the whole shabang.

In other burger news, Shake Shack is opening a few more locations in Manhattan, which hopefully means shorter lines.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

http://www.fiveguys.com/locations.aspx

Huntington, Levittown aND COMING to Hicksville.

Woodhaven and College Point too!!!
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

one at work and two in the village, sweet! let's see if i remember about them when i'm in the city.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Yesterday, I saw one (Five Guys) coming soon at Bay Terrace. It was 10am and I wished it was open.

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    They are putting a Five Guys in the CTB of LGA. Replacing Wendy's in the food court near American. :borat:
    You know whats sad, we heard about that at JFK...and looking for a reason to visit LGA, when they open..lol

While I am happy we are getting 5 guys at LGA I wished it was replacing something other than Wendy's. From what I have heard Wendy's closing/leaving was not voluntary, though no specifics.

emshighway please make an update when 5 guys opens, and we will do a field trip over to the CTB !

Cheers

LGA777

5 guys is great. I first discovered them in the shuttle terminal at DCA. Well worth the rediculously long waits there for it so when one opened around the block from my house in LB I was pretty excited. For those of you that have never had 5 Guys and love burgers your doing yourself an injustice by not trying it.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Five guys is great, I have yet to be able to finish the fries though..

I'd rather have a Big Mac then a burger from 5 guys..overpriced, tasteless crap. If you want a good burger at a fair price try Bobby's Burger Palace in Lake Grove, fantastic burgers and fries.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I'd rather have a Big Mac then a burger from 5 guys..overpriced, tasteless crap. If you want a good burger at a fair price try Bobby's Burger Palace in Lake Grove, fantastic burgers and fries.
    Will have to try that place.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

That article is total crap. I love how the better alternative, seen below in one example, cuts 7 g of fat and adds sodium yet its healthier. WTF?

In-N-Out Burger Hamburger and French Fries
    790 calories
    37 g fat (10 g saturated)
    895 mg sodium

Eat This Instead!
    Protein Style Double-Double with grilled onion, ketchup, and mustard
    440 calories
    30 g fat (16 g saturated)
    1,080 mg sodium

And I know some are thinking less calories, but unless you are sedentary and you eat that type of food everyday, its irrelevant.

As for FIVE GUYS, I gave them fair shakes. I tried it 3 times. They messed up the last order so I got a freebie and tried it a 4th time. Really unimpressive.

In and Out, I'll stick to my 4x4's whenever I am out there. That is heaven between 2 pieces of bread!

Oh, another place with good burgers is in West Babylon, on Route 109. Classic American.

Good burgers,
    beef, buffalo, ostrish. All are AWESOME.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187