Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard Watch for Long Island, Winter Storm Watch in NYC

Re: Blizzard Watch for Long Island, Winter Storm Watch in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    >Glad it's not a workday!
    <

I'm the opposite. Wish it was. Still have 5 days left but they bounce over to next year anyway even
    if I dont use them. :D[/quote]

Actually to clarify, glad it wasnt a work day if I was IN WORK.
    But a day like this happens overnite or early morning like in some places that is when I turn off the
    alarm and return to the Zzzzzzzzzzzs.

Ahhhh.... damn Jack Dainels green. Back on topic now. The snow is really coming down hard in LB now. I walked my dogs and when I got back 20 minutes later no footprints to be found. Its falling that hard. Didnt feel the cold much though. :lol:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Its pretty damn crazy out here on the South Shore of L.I. Wind is picking blowing and the snow is coming down hard right now with some thunder claps around. I went outside but its just to windy and snowy to stay out for any length of time.

I walked to my car to get my shovel out 20 minutes ago, and my tracks are already gone. Coming down very heavy here in northern Queens right now.

I'm planning on getting up at 6am, shoveling around my place, my neighbor's, then my parents. Then work at 2pm. WOOOO! (Yes, I'm actually fairly excited).
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I'm planning on getting up at 6am, shoveling around my place, my neighbor's, then my parents. Then work at 2pm. WOOOO! (Yes, I'm actually fairly excited).
    You'll be changing your tune come tomorrow afternoon. Or your back will do it for you. :P

Just got in and driving is terrible but thankfully we were only a few miles away. No one on the road but the visibilty is
    only a few hundred feet. Shoveled a path in the back to give my dogs a space to go do their thing and the snow is very powdery so if it stays that way it'll be easier to shovel in the morn.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i drove to prospect park to pick up my sister, none of the highways had been plowed yet. also, all the side streets in my 'hood are still covered. after cleaning a walkway across my 4-car drive way the entire sidewalk was white again. now it's really coming down pretty hard, can't wait for o-dark-thirty to come when i'm driving to work.... play time for my exploder!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Cold weather didnt stop the boys in blue from a rescue this morning.
    http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/ny ... -1.1662421

None of the roads were plowed real well around here... you shovel once, well, one more inch of snow is now on the areas you just shoveled! I think we have about 20" on the ground right now...

Oh yeah... I had to go to WORK today. New Jersey never declared a state of emergency (I think). The roads were bad at 3 pm - near whiteout conditions - and when I got off around 7:45, the roads were just as bad.

I was wondering if NY is going to declare one.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Some pictures around my hometown of Middle Village. Residents still digging out from the foot of snow.

Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Two bouts of shoveling, the second with one of my sons and the use of my friends snow blower and I am finished.
    Even with the blower it was hard work. Boy there is a lot of snow out there. My poor dogs go in the backyard and
    though I dug out a nice area for them they seem lost trying to find their favoriite spots.
    Three advil, 30 minutes in my jacuzzi tub and I'm ready to sit back and watch some football and a little later a
    libation will be nice.

Here's some pics I shot today... This will be a storm we remember for a long time.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref ... 851&ref=mf

This is pretty cool...some guy in Brooklyn shot time lapse video of the snow piling up, one frame every 30 seconds:

[vimeo:21s0xs5p]http://vimeo.com/8295419[/vimeo:21s0xs5p]
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I too made a video of the snow...although its not as cool as the above you can get an idea of the amount of snow we had.