Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airport jobs?

airport jobs?

Hi, anyone know of where to look for a jobs at an airport? I'm more of a hands on person with a mechanical back round. Can seem to find a place to look. Any info would help. thanks.

Re: airport jobs?

Check out JetBlue, I think they are looking for GSE guys at JFK. Right now is hard times around NY for aviation jobs.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Yeah tell me about it, I am an licensed A&P who has been looking for work going on 4 months now... :(

FYI: Jet Aviation & Signature Flight Support are both currently hiring line service techs at Teterboro... ($10/hr but its hands on... I started with jet and worked there for 3 years... great company)
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

NLovis

i dont have an A&P but if you want to at least egt on the airport there are gound handling companies hiring at JFK

ok, so I'm a total noob. I recently flew for the first time not to long ago, and now I'm hooked! I'm like a little kid when I look up at planes in the air now. I love it. That being said I have no idea what a GSE is. Also, if I wanted to see if Jetblue was hiring at JFK, how do I go about doing that? On the Jetblue website? Or do I go to JFK? Total noobie here so bare with me, and thanks for all the quick replys.

Quote Originally Posted by chach
    Also, if I wanted to see if Jetblue was hiring at JFK, how do I go about doing that?
    http://www.jetblue.com/about/work/

NLovis

jetblue website is where you want to go. as for GSE its Ground Service Equipement.

North Bergen, New Jersey, United States, 111685032180118, North Bergen, New Jersey

gse is the easiest stuff to work on, period. ...

actually, i take that back, though jetblues stuff is still relatively new.

I work on GSE equipment, I did for Oxford at EWR, Jet at TEB, and now I am with ASIG at EWR again. Where are you located? We might be looking for a helper or a mechanic, and last I heard they were looking for some at JFK also.

I wish B6 would get their own mechanics at EWR, I would go there in a heart beat, a friend of mine works for their contractor.

At US LGA we contracted out our GSE shop around 4 or 5 years ago. When it was in house it was a nice gig for the guys their as they where bascially auto mechanics, no A & P required but they had similar union benefits to our aircraft mechanics, at one time good pay, and flight benefits. I would think in the future most airlines that already haven't would also contract this work out, sadly.

Regards

LGA777

While this is probably not what the thread starter would want for others reading this I have been told by local employees that Southwest at LGA has 4 ramp agents positions open they are trying to fill. For some reason can't find anything about it on their website.

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    While this is probably not what the thread starter would want for others reading this I have been told by local employees that Southwest at LGA has 4 ramp agents positions open they are trying to fill. For some reason can't find anything about it on their website.

Cheers

LGA777
    Those positions were posted online a few days ago but have since been taken down. Not sure if they were filled, or if they'll be posted again. Keep an eye on southwest.com/careers since postings pop up (and disappear) every day.
    Worry is a sustained form of fear, caused by indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by diegodangers

I work on GSE equipment, I did for Oxford at EWR, Jet at TEB, and now I am with ASIG at EWR again. Where are you located? We might be looking for a helper or a mechanic, and last I heard they were looking for some at JFK also.

I wish B6 would get their own mechanics at EWR, I would go there in a heart beat, a friend of mine works for their contractor.
    When did you work at Jet TEB?
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

North Bergen, New Jersey, United States, 111685032180118, North Bergen, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Laxgoaly
    Quote Originally Posted by diegodangers

When did you work at Jet TEB?
    end of 06ish

NLovis

Can anybody help me get a job with AA or DAL? I know they pay more then the contractor i'm working for is currently paying me and the flight benefits would be a big help in my ability to see my grandfather in florida. Hes 90 now and his health isnt all that great. Just a small abckground on him he was one of the people who worked on the radar way back when it was in development. But yea back to the main point working for one of the airlines. If anybody could help i would highly appreciate it.

AA and DAL post any availibilities online. The hiring process at airlines has in the last years become less about who you know because it is all online.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"