Thread: Key West (EYW) Inaugural Mainline Flights

Key West (EYW) Inaugural Mainline Flights

Today was a big day for the folks at Key West Intl. Airport with the inauguration of two daily mainline 737-700 flights: Delta from ATL and AirTran from MCO. As far as I know, this is the first scheduled "large" aircraft into EYW since Eastern and National flew 727s in from MIA. I was fortunate enough to be given rooftop access to the new terminal at EYW by the airport director. Here are a few shots from the big day!

No jetways at EYW! The way it should be! 8)

Despite the 4,300 foot-long runway at EYW, Delta had no problem getting off runway 9. Winds were out of the east at 20 knots which also helped.

A Mobile, AL-based CASA was operating out of the airport at the time as well.

Full set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/n701dn/set ... 021706174/
    I also managed to take some non-aviation photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/n701dn/set ... 897305557/

Thanks for viewing! :-)

Re: Key West (EYW) Inaugural Mainline Flights

What are their procedures going to be come spring and summer to get out of there? Flaps 25 packs off APU on? That's got to be one heck of a fun arrival and departure to fly in the 737. Autobrakes max and the works. :borat: Are they running weight restricted?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Didn't run weight restricted today. We'll see what happens in the summer.

I still have yet to lay my eyes on a Delta 737-700. Great looking plane. Good coverage, Chris!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].