Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWA Canyon Blue Update

SWA Canyon Blue Update

Hey Folks--

Not really a big deal but just thought I'd post it out for the spotters...

SWA is 99% completed with the Canyon Blue repaints, there is ONE remaining aircraft that is still in brown colors. That is a Boeing 737-300, N347SW. So if anyone wants a classic -300, keep an eye out for it at ISP or BWI or any other respective Airport. In Mid-January it will be repainted Canyon Blue and the repainting will be complete!

Of course we will still have 3 original classic schemes, all on 737-700s to commemorate the 3 original SWA cities, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. They are registrations, N711HK (The Herb Kelleher), N714CB (The Colleen Barrett) and finally N792SW, the last 737-700 to be delivered in Brown Colors before the switch to Canyon Blue.

As they say in showtunes, That's All folks!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Re: SWA Canyon Blue Update

I can now sleep better knowing this.....

NLovis

ahh i need to find out when and if its comming to LGA. i will shoot down there so fast. They dont come to JFK which is where i work and go. Anybody have a confirm on this though? I've heard a rumor several months ago that SWA and jetblue were going to operate out of T6 at JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    I've heard a rumor several months ago that SWA and jetblue were going to operate out of T6 at JFK.
    SWA is pretty unlikely, but stranger things have happened.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

listen to this rumor then. United is buying continental and there going to expand there presence at JFK flying both into what would most likely be T7.

I've heard a rumor several months ago that SWA and jetblue were going to operate out of T6 at JFK.
    Over the summer, they were filming scenes for the movie "Going the Distance" staring Drew Barrymore at T6, using WN colors/logos for the set. Sightings of it led to all sorts of speculation about WN coming to JFK...

listen to this rumor then...
    You're new here, so I'll be gentle - it's usually not the best practice to post various rumors without some sort of reliable source to point to. Otherwise, it's just idle speculation - "Well, I have this friend, who knows a guy, who's girlfriend is a flight attendant for AA, and she said that she heard a couple of pilots talking that US would be buying A380s for their new Tokyo service..." - you see where this is going?

listen to this rumor then. United is buying continental and there going to expand there presence at JFK flying both into what would most likely be T7.
    Not for nothing, but IF there were a combination of Continental and United, United would be the acquired airline, not CO.
    CO is MUCH stronger than United financially and operationally....
    It's the fares, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    SWA is pretty unlikely, but stranger things have happened.
    Not happening for at least 2 years. B6 is still the current lease holder on T6 for another 2 years. The latest from Port has UAL wanting to move back in to T6.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Over the summer, they were filming scenes for the movie "Going the Distance" staring Drew Barrymore at T6, using WN colors/logos for the set. Sightings of it led to all sorts of speculation about WN coming to JFK...

listen to this rumor then...
    You're new here, so I'll be gentle - it's usually not the best practice to post various rumors without some sort of reliable source to point to. Otherwise, it's just idle speculation - "Well, I have this friend, who knows a guy, who's girlfriend is a flight attendant for AA, and she said that she heard a couple of pilots talking that US would be buying A380s for their new Tokyo service..." - you see where this is going?
    Nah that united and co thing is false I knew that. Just telling the guy if he thought that was strange check out this one.

CO/UA speculation has been going on for awhile, and a merger was discussed with CO deciding it was better off independent. Things could always change though.

NLovis

hmm interesting

ANYWAY getting back on topic haha..

N324SW was returned to the leaser so another -300 left in early December
    N303SW will be retiring Jan 3rd, 2010.

Something I thought was funny, N715SW a Shamu 737-700 is in MX for a broken tail, but the wording of it is "Crack in Vertical Fin" which made me LOL considering it is shamu, no truer description could have been used! Should already be back in service and fixed now.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

I can sleep better knowing this.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76

You should, considering your previous license plates read, "IFLYSWA"
    :twisted:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76

You should, considering your previous license plates read, "IFLYSWA"
    :twisted:
    Go Pimp your Pilot.