Thread: BA Inflight crews move to strike

BA Inflight crews move to strike

Due to breakdowns in negotiations between flight atendants and management within British Airways the flight atendants will be striking for 12 days through the christmas break. If you have travel arrangements with British Airways I reccomend adjusting them. Alot of airlines here state side or at least the work groups with particular intrest by pilots and flight attendants will be watching this with great intrest. Alot of legacy guys are already passing the word around to (within the scope of rules in your contract and company) refuse any extra segments to UK cities built in by your carrier that are not considered normally scheduled. This is going to be very interesting. I think with the current administration in house right now here state side we are going to start seeing alot of work actions by airline employees come contract time. Frankly, I am not a union guy nor have I ever been however, QOL in the airlines in ALL departments is terrible and the airlines continue to expect more for less while freezing things like QOL increases.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: BA Inflight crews move to strike

BA is seeking a court injunction to prevent the strike... decision is supposed to be announced tomorrow. Should be interesting.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

If they don't get it rumor is AA is going to ramp up some extra lift to get the flow pf pax moving somewhat for BA but unionized crew members are being advised by to stay away from picking these trips up. If your reserve there is probably going to be no way around it but frankly, I am pulling for the crew to strike.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'm sure the LCCs will be happy to pick up some of the slack. Surprised Ryanair hasn't launched an obnoxious ad campaign for it yet.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Virgin Atlantic has already announced increased capacity on the routes is shares with BA - they are quick on it!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

A judge has granted BA an injunction blocking a strike, citing irregularities in the union's strike vote. There still could be a strike, but probably not until after the holidays.

:oops:

NLovis

Hope there isnt. I work at T7 for the BA ground handling contract and if they strike the company will msot likely tell us to stay home. I need the hours and money. As it is pay for this job is really horrible. But i'm in it to spot. I enjoy being in the airport. I wouldnt trade it for the world. I just need to find a higher paying job here.

Unless you're being physically abused or having wages withheld, I think most strikes that create such a STRONG hardship on so many innocent people is highly responsible. From what I'm reading, BA has not wronged the F/As to the point that would warrant shutting down their airline over the holiday season. I think it's about as selfish as it gets, especially when unemployment is so high and these people get to travel the world.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

NLovis

eh. hope it plays out well