Thread: NYT on Bloombergs carbon footprint

NYT on Bloombergs carbon footprint

Re: NYT on Bloombergs carbon footprint

This is typical for this Liberal rag that tries to come off as a real source of news, btw that article is filled with misplaced anger and resentment. They attack the man's success in such a way that the Times might as well come out and tell people its wrong to earn your way to the top and enjoy the rewards that come with it. Below is an example of that message from this article.

Mr. Bloomberg owns a helicopter and two jets, both Falcon 900s. He flies everywhere on private jets, by far the least efficient form of transportation on or above the earth. He takes his jet to Bermuda many weekends. He has flown around the globe on it. He uses it to go to Washington. He is planning to get to Copenhagen for the climate conference by private jet, too.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Tommy is right. Can you imagine what they would write about Sheldon Adelson? He owns two 747s, 767, BBJ and a Tristar not even mentioning his biz jets. It's sad we have to endure attacks like this on our free enterprise. I am not a Bloomberg fan in office but he made his money and I am glad we live in a country that he can enjoy it. This is not Sweden or France or Canada. If you succeed legally your entitled to it. Shame on the NYT. This is just another bit of trash from a news org that has gone the crapper fast.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Fair enough: Bloomberg IS a hypocrite. It's an inconvenient truth (haha, see what I did there?) that they don't mention Al Gore, who also flies private jets, perhaps just not as often. That's only because he's not as rich...yet. Gore has positioned himself to become a multi-billionaire if this cap-and-trade scheme ever becomes law. And then maybe he'll run for President again.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Fair enough: Bloomberg IS a hypocrite. It's an inconvenient truth (haha, see what I did there?) that they don't mention Al Gore, who also flies private jets, perhaps just not as often. That's only because he's not as rich...yet. Gore has positioned himself to become a multi-billionaire if this cap-and-trade scheme ever becomes law. And then maybe he'll run for President again.
    Gore fly's a G2...that thing might as well be a 67 Chevy burning leaded gas. Bloomberg's plane is infinitely more efficient. The one thing that is never mentioned when the media blasts people for high carbon marks is that using private jets in many cases is a HUGE pick up for these individual's productivity. Depending on their business and reason for using the private jet that may overall lower a projects carbon footprint.

I have an unrelated question.....Does anyone know if and what a/c the NYT owns or uses?

Quote Originally Posted by planelove
    I have an unrelated question.....Does anyone know if and what a/c the NYT owns or uses?

I beleive it was sold this past year, not sure what they had though.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Quote Originally Posted by planelove

I beleive it was sold this past year, not sure what they had though.
    It's a 1997 Dassault Falcon 50EX, reg N1896T.

I had heard they hadn't gotten any bids and decided to keep it, but the FAA now shows the owner as a guy in Calgary.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9