Thread: Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines

Seeing as the 787 is now scheduled to fly out on the 15th as opposed to the 22nd with the 748 I may have to now make two trips to Seattle in short order to catch both of them. If I indeed go for the 787 which was my plan as I was already planning SEA to see some old school friends I am planning to fly the US Shuttle to DCA and than use Alaska from there to SEA with my return being on JetBlue more than likely. How is their overall product and reliability? What are your takes on the service and going transcon on a 737 (never gone furthur than PHX non stop on a narrow body). Thanks folks.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Alaska Airlines

If you count trans con for PHL-LAX which I did on SWA twice...it wasn't bad. So..if I can survive on WN in a 737 , but we actually got a big snack pack, 3 rounds of drinks, 2 bags of peanuts etc etc. So it wasn't horrible. I'd imagine AS would offer a BOB service for that long of a flight?

I see absolutely no difference between the 757 and 737 in terms of flying cross country in 7, a seat, is a seat, is a damn seat.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

I agree with Alex. I flew transcon in a 757. To me, a 757 is basically an elongated 737. Same seating layout, just more seats on the plane.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Program Coordinator

I think it's safe to say that the 748i didn't fly on the 22nd! :D

Yeah, me too. I ended up not taking the trip due to the questionability of the first flights. No big deal. I still do intend to fly AS at some point in the near future for a SEA trip I need to take for personal reasons shortly.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"