Thread: A newbie from..Texas

A newbie from..Texas

Hello everyone!

First off, I do need to say I am not from New York, but today at IAH, me and a fellow spotter were talking, and I mentioned the lack of decent aviation photography communities and without hesitation he pointed me this way (Andrew Compello if anyone here knows him, I'm not sure if he posts here.) I'm still mostly limited to the local area, which I hope isn't going to be a problem!

Re: A newbie from..Texas

The "NYC" is only in the URL....we're a community for all enthusiasts!

Welcome to the site!! Eager to talk with you more. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Thanks! This is a pretty active area aviation-wise..so I'll hopefully have some nice stuff to contribute and learn a lot as well.

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what's going on in the Houston area...
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black

I've already posted my first spotting report, but I was thinking of posting what's been going on within the last month. Gives a better idea of the really nice spots here (we do actually have a very active airport with jet and military traffic with no fences..photogs are free to walk about as long as they don't jump in front of a moving plane or get in the way of the workers.) This is just a collected sample over the last year.

Welcome to the site. Anychance you caught the reggi on that Embraer Phenom?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Thanks, and indeed. It's N300LJ.

Welcome, I think you have the hang of it. :borat:

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen
    Hello everyone!

First off, I do need to say I am not from New York, but today at IAH, me and a fellow spotter were talking, and I mentioned the lack of decent aviation photography communities and without hesitation he pointed me this way (Andrew Compello if anyone here knows him, I'm not sure if he posts here.) I'm still mostly limited to the local area, which I hope isn't going to be a problem!
    Welcome! I spent the last year and a half (through August this year) flying the friendly skies of Texas out of Del Rio, TX in the T-1 and T-6. We used to go into David Wayne Hooks in Houston a lot (although I've personally never flown in there). It looks like that's where some of the pics you took are at!

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen
    Hello everyone!

Welcome! I spent the last year and a half (through August this year) flying the friendly skies of Texas out of Del Rio, TX in the T-1 and T-6. We used to go into David Wayne Hooks in Houston a lot (although I've personally never flown in there). It looks like that's where some of the pics you took are at!
    Indeed it is DWH! And Del Rio T-1s and T-6s aren't a very uncommon sight! Actually, about a year ago A Del Rio T-1 pilot actually asked if I would mind if he did a fly-by for me..no way I could turn that down!