Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Domestic 777 and 747 Service

Re: US Domestic 777 and 747 Service

UA flies the 777 on the IAD-SFO route. That was a 744 a few months ago, no idea when if/when it'll come back though.

Quote Originally Posted by dwebb
    UA flies the 777 on the IAD-SFO route. That was a 744 a few months ago, no idea when if/when it'll come back though.
    Nice. And welcome aboard, Dan!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

very few carriers r doing domestic with the 777 and none r doing domestic with the 747 cause it has 4 engines. If you want to fly on a 747 try british. they fly them into JFK but lately its been mostly 772. Now if you want to try your luck Quantas does JFK/LA (forgot code) xD then over to SYD. if your lucky you will fly on Wutan dreaming (again forgot exact name). It comes in on occasion. Its a 747-400. Lucky me i got shots of it :borat:

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by dwebb
    Nice. And welcome aboard, Dan!
    Thanks! Been lurking for awhile, happy to finally be posting. :D

I flew the 747-400 on UA ORD-SFO March 2009

UA did this for March 2-28th for spring break. Keep an eye out and see if UA schedules the 747 again, fi so you can probably try to book it or non rev.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

NLovis

highly doubt it will come to JFK. they only send in the 757. If your lucky there will be a 777 at night.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    Quote Originally Posted by mmedford
    Delta runs the 744 from ATL to HNL...
    Not anymore unfortunately. ATL-HNL is an A330-300. Delta flies the 777-200ER and 777-200LR on ATL-LAX, ATL-JFK, and ATL-DTW. I personally think Phil should hop on the next Delta 777 to ATL so we can put him through the rigors of a Delta simulator tour. BYOB = bring your own barf bag.
    That is a shame. I was glad to be on flight DL802/803, first class. It was outstanding!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Program Coordinator

Its not Domestic but you also can do a 773 from JFK to YVR on Cathay, the service is fantastic.
    I looked up the prices on a theoretical trip - the total trip from SEA-BOS via YVR/JFK is just shy of $1000. ($527 for the CX tix and $430 for the set up tix)

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice
    Its not Domestic but you also can do a 773 from JFK to YVR on Cathay, the service is fantastic.
    I looked up the prices on a theoretical trip - the total trip from SEA-BOS via YVR/JFK is just shy of $1000. ($527 for the CX tix and $430 for the set up tix)
    Yea cathay is expensive. But from what i hear its really great service. I also hear that if they sell out first class they break even for that flight.