Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Sorry folks, but today while I was waiting for Blue Angel #7 with the family a car hit the lip and struck my brother and aunt and hit the car and narrowly missed me. Thankfully they are both in stable condition. Because of this information on the first page may be out of date and I probably will not be able to make it back to the airport to provide people with live updates.

I would also like to thank Fred, the photographer with the camo lens( sorry I think I forgot your name), the two off duty EMT's, and all the people who called 911. I don't know what we would have done without you guys.

I would also like to thank the Dept. of Homeland Security,SCPD, and the East Farmingdale Fire Dept. for responding quickly and getting everyone to safety.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    Sorry folks, but today while I was waiting for Blue Angel #7 with the family a car hit the lip and struck my brother and aunt and hit the car and narrowly missed me. Thankfully they are both in stable condition. Because of this information on the first page may be out of date and I probably will not be able to make it back to the airport to provide people with live updates.

I would also like to thank Fred, the photographer with the camo lens( sorry I think I forgot your name), the two off duty EMT's, and all the people who called 911. I don't know what we would have done without you guys.

I would also like to thank the Dept. of Homeland Security,SCPD, and the East Farmingdale Fire Dept. for responding quickly and getting everyone to safety.
    Wow thats crazy. Glad everyone doing well. Where was this New Highway?

Yup it was on New Highway.
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Wow, just what we feared would happen. I wish your brother and aunt a speedy recovery.

And many thanks for the tireless schedule updates. Let us know if there's anything we can do.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Wow, just what we feared would happen. I wish your brother and aunt a speedy recovery.

And many thanks for the tireless schedule updates. Let us know if there's anything we can do.
    Yup, fortunately every thing that could went right in a crappy situation like that happened.

You're welcome I enjoyed letting everyone in on the updates. Unfortunately I will probably be unable to make it back to the airport because of everything but I hope everyone enjoys the show and stays safe.

I am so so sorry :(. I wish a speedy recovery for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Christina

I am so so sorry :(. I wish a speedy recovery for everyone!
    Thank You.

I hope everyone stays safe and stay aware of your surroundings, while what happened was a freak accident I don't wish this on ANY BODY.

I arrived later just after #7 landed. I saw that white car into the fence... can't believe it was you who was involved! glad all are safe!

Wow. Glad nobody was seriously injured...but man that road is just a nightmare.

Wow, sorry... thank god everyone is in stable condition.

If you need anything let us know.

Thunderbird #7

Wow. Glad nobody was seriously injured...but man that road is just a nightmare.[/quote]

Even in the best of times that road is dangerous. Thankfully they werent seriously hurt. And let this be a
    lesson to all. Be CAREFUL, Pay ATTENTION, drive SLOWLY!! There will be a hordes of people driving
    around Republic this weekend and lots of them probably have never experienced the wonderment of New
    Highway. Lets be safe and enjoy what is shaping up to be a great weekend.
    Falcon I hope your family recovers quickly and I hope you get a chance to see some of the action. After ALL
    the hard work you have put in it would definitely SUCK if you get shutout!!!

Glad to hear everyone's okay. I fear New Highway every time I'm on it or next to it because I'm sure some dumb**** is going to scream on by trying to break the sound barrier with his/her car.