Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

NLovis

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Man this is really shapping up. Cant wait

I'll talk to Jim Beasley... he has a Spitfire as well...

NLovis

2 Spitfires? EVEN BETTER!

No, what Steve means is there is more than one Spit around, and he will check his sources to see what he can find out, not that both will be here.

The airshow seems to be taking shape nicely...when do the planes arrive at republic?

Ken

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by gettysburgerrn
    The airshow seems to be taking shape nicely...when do the planes arrive at republic?

Ken
    Good question. Too long if you ask me

Usually Wed and thursday.... blues usually start arriving on monday or tues to test out arresting gear. (I think last year the Thunderbird to test the arresting gear arrived Sunday and was suppose to be Tues?)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Usually Wed and thursday.... blues usually start arriving on monday or tues to test out arresting gear. (I think last year the Thunderbird to test the arresting gear arrived Sunday and was suppose to be Tues?)
    I got a feeling about dates but i'm going to ask anyway cause i can. In may?

I am only speaking from past experience from other shows and the schedule the Blue Angels and their team normally follow for most air shows.

The Tuesday before the air show, in this case, 5/25, the number 7 plane, usually comes in to set things in motion for the teams arrival.

Generally the Team and Fat Albert transit to the air show site the Thursday morning before the air show, in this case 5/27. They then do some media flights and have practice Thursday afternoon.

They will do media flights and photo flights generally Friday morning, in this case 5/28 and then fly another practice Friday afternoon.

Also I don't know when it falls this year but usually during Jones Beach Air Show week is the Naval Academy graduation in Annapolis Maryland and the Blue Angels have in the past flown down to do a fly over from Republic on Friday morning.

As far as the military arrivals and civilian acts their arrival is unknown but generally by Thursday everyone has flown into Republic.

Hope this helps.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    I got a feeling about dates but i'm going to ask anyway cause i can. In may?
    They start arriving the week before the airshow, like Fred said. Take it from those of us who live/work at the airport for the last few years. These aircraft are coming from other airshows around the country, so they cant come any sooner. The civilian performers usually come in the week before, they get a lot of exposure that way.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Yeah with the Blues #7 usually comes on Tues or Wednesday and the rest on the gang comes on Thurs and the practice is on Friday. Ill do the best I can with acquiring intel when it comes closer to airshow week.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Got some clarification on some earlier rumors. There will not be a Spitfire on Memorial Day weekend - it will be at the museum on Labor Day weekend, part of activities marking the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

There will, however, be two Corsairs on hand. In addition to "Skyboss", the AAM's Corsair, Tom Duffy will bring his Corsair, "Marine's Dream" to the air show. Both will be doing double duty that weekend - there will be a "Corsairs Over Connecticut" air show in Stratford, CT over the holiday weekend as well. Both Corsairs will be based out of FRG - they will fly over the beach Saturday morning, then fly to Stratford for the afternoon, returning to FRG Saturday evening. On Sunday, they will repeat the same schedule.
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

Sweet news on the dual corsairs.

Add Kirby Chambliss and Bill Stein with the Collaborators to the list.
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Updating now.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)