Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

NLovis

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

[quote=Fighting_falcon_51]
    Quote Originally Posted by "hiss srq":bxa2gp2d
    The question is..... Will "Viper East" make an appearnce this year at Sheltair.... Hahahahahaahah :lol:
    I really hope we get them or the strike Eagle, while the A-10 is awesome we had them last year and it would be nice to have some variety. I just hope we don't have to settle for a fly by.[/quote:bxa2gp2d]
    dont jynx it. If you did we will hunt you down :twisted:

Hahah. I'm referring to an incident with Sheltair management at last years airshow. A few NYCA member's were present for it. It involved me, a few flying buddies and a few members here. Quite amusing in hind sight.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Has an F-14 ever been at the Jones beach airshow?

Ken

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Hahah. I'm referring to an incident with Sheltair management at last years airshow. A few NYCA member's were present for it. It involved me, a few flying buddies and a few members here. Quite amusing in hind sight.
    What happened? :D

@gettysburgerrn

No
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Somehow, I missed the first show in 2004, so I don't know what appeared. There was no F-14 at the 2005 or 2006 shows, and they have been retired since.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Somehow, I missed the first show in 2004, so I don't know what appeared. There was no F-14 at the 2005 or 2006 shows, and they have been retired since.
    Yea its retied but so if the entire warbird part of the show. Wouldnt be shocked to see it in a show in the future. Its been in a few wars and it has a legacy. :borat: Some future warbirds I see in the warbird part of an airshow. F-14, F-16, F-18, F-22, B-2, A-10 definitly and last but not least a sure fire future warbird the B-52.

Odd's a B2 will EVER be seen in an airshow not being flown by USAF officers in active service are none and none. Same for the F22.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Yea its retied but so if the entire warbird part of the show. Wouldnt be shocked to see it in a show in the future. Its been in a few wars and it has a legacy. :borat: Some future warbirds I see in the warbird part of an airshow. F-14, F-16, F-18, F-22, B-2, A-10 definitly and last but not least a sure fire future warbird the B-52.
    There are NO Tomcats flying (outside of Iran) and no plans to sell any of those in AMARC to civilian operators to put on the airshow circuit. Laws governing the ownership of former military aircraft don't make it easy either - most of the more recent vintage military jets you see in civilian hands came from foreign sources, not the USAF or USN. Even if you jump through all the hoops and get one, operating costs will be astronomical. I wouldn't expect to see any of the aircraft on your list operated as "warbirds".

I think the F-16 can down the road and possibly an F-18 but no others for all the same reason the Moose stated. The operational cost would be very high but there is a private F-4...that is the only reason I say the F-16 and F-18 are possible, but not probable. The others I would classify as NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

F-14 would need an overthrow of the goverment of IRAN....aww, who the hell am I kidding...NOT A CHANCE IN HELL...BUT I CAN DREAM!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

In 2004 (the first show) we had the S-3 Viking Demo (2 aircraft) which was great, especially since these have all now been retired. I for one would love to see Northrup-Grumman bring in a E-2 Hawkeye and EA-6B to due some fly-by's as part of the pre-show activities. I'm sure with their contacts they could make that happen?

There was a letter from AMARC that was posted on WIX (And I think was linked to here?) about an inquiry into the remaining F-14's. The letter stated that only ONE F-14 remains at AMARC (for the planned USS JFK museum), and all other F-14's have been scrapped. So I guess that means the VF-213 and VF-31 D's that flew there in 2006 are gone? That is very depressing!

Pete
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

If I remember correctly all the retired F-14's (except the ones on display) have been destroyed.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Looks like we're getting the A10 East demo for the 2010 airshow.

This according to the A-10 East demo pilot, Major Dusty Green on ASB.

Doesn't it make you wonder if anybody outside the NAVY really knows how good the F-14 really was or what it was really capable of with all the effort that has been made to keep even the smallest of parts from somehow reaching the Iranian Airforce?

I am so glad I got to see them fly a few times and the final time. Two days before Felix 101 flew for the last time, on her return to Long Island I fell out of a tree and could hardly walk. My wife was like "What are you doing? And where are you going?" No way was I mising that last flight. What a plane.

And I agree I wish Grumman would put a little push to get some of their flying hardware to come to the show. Even a flyby would be great. The E2C Hawkeye at Atlantic City was great. So was the one that came into Republic a while back.

Less than three months to go.............................
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20380

pic of F-14

Just look at all those planes. Isn't it amazing what we don't have flying.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com