Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_NY
    The Navy 2010 demo schedule is out, looks like no demos for the Jones Beach show at this time.

http://www.navy.mil/navco/airshows/tacdemo2010.html

Interesting that the Coney Island show is getting an F/A-18C demo ...
    Well, with the Blues at Jones Beach, I suppose they want to spread out the demo teams.
    Yeah, that makes sense...

Thanks

Usually there's no Navy TACDEMO at the same show site the Blue Angels are supposed to perform. There are exceptions to that rule, and this year there's quite a few Blue Angels shows that have Legacy or Super Hornet demos.

Can't wait to see what this year's CF-18 demo jet will look like... and in case you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about, I'll explain. The squadron who does the demos (since 2004, 3 Wing Bagotville does even years and 4 Wing Cold Lake does odd years) paints up one jet to do all of the demos. Before 2004, both wings did demos and painted up the entire jet, to some extent, reflecting some sort of anniversary (20 years of Hornets, anniversary of the respective province, TMOTA, etc.). From 2004 onwards, only the tails of the CF-18s were painted. In 2009, the demo Hornet was painted up in a special blue and gold paint paint scheme reflecting 100 years of powered flight in Canada. I've included a bunch of pictures of past demo jets:

Those Canadian Hornets look sweet, that should be a special treat to lookmforward to. By the way I see one of the hornets from VFA-106 will be doing the shows at Coney Island this year...

ken :borat:

Quote Originally Posted by GrummanFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    I HAVE OFF for Airshow Week!!!! :borat:

I have my graduation air show weekend :x .....decisions, decisions....
    College graduations are over rated, go to the air show.

Fred, awesome Raptor shot!
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

NLovis

Nice Hornets cant wait to see them. I'm making sure to bring what I got this year. :borat:

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

rev 2.19.10-10:45PMEST
    ---------
    Fixed: Performer Names
    Added: Live At KFRG
    Added: Media Info: Support manuals and Media kits
    Added: Thread notes

Thread Notes:
    Because information changes by the minute especially during airshow week it is important to check back often.

I recently launched the site http://www.nyasinfo.com if you go to it on your computer you'll be redirected here but if you go on it on your mobile device it will redirect you to the mobile site. Another way to access the mobile site is to go to http://www.nyasinfo.com/mobile .

To follow us on twitter: Click here [http://www.twitter.com/nyasinfo]
    NOTE: I suggest you download a program such as Tweet Deck to push the twitter updates to your desktop or mobile device.

If you have any information on the show, performers, schedules, ect; please PM me and/or post it in this thread.
    Click here to PM me if you are viewing this thread on ASB.tv

Click here to PM me if you are viewing this thread on Nycaviation.com

You can also email me with info @ [email protected]

If you are viewing this thread on Asb.tv or Nycaviation.com you can subscribe and get email notifications about changes by clicking here [ASB.tv] | clicking here [NYCA.com].

Also if you want a hard copy of this thread to bring with you to the airport or show click here. You can email this thread to your friends and family by clicking here [ASB.tv] | clicking here [NYCA.com].
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

I always take off the week of the airshow.... :mrgreen: It is something I always look forward to seeing with my daughter......(Is it bad that I pull her out of preschool to watch the aircraft land and practie?) :borat:

Ken

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by gettysburgerrn
    I always take off the week of the airshow.... :mrgreen: It is something I always look forward to seeing with my daughter......(Is it bad that I pull her out of preschool to watch the aircraft land and practie?) :borat:

Ken
    I wouldnt know. I'm not at that stage of life yet.

.........Is it bad that I pull her out of preschool to watch the aircraft land and practie?) :borat:

Ken
    that depends on who you ask... I think you are a great parent for pulling them out of school to be part of the fun. My wife woud disagree...STRONGLY! :lol:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

My Wife tends to disagree as well, though she realizes its probably only one of 2 fights she won't win (the other topic I haven't discovered yet but I am holding out hope...) :mrgreen:

Ken

Turn it into an learning experience.

I'm not a big fan of pulling my kids out of school for anything, but if you can take the opportunity to teach her some basic science in the process, it's totally a worthy cause.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

My Wife tends to disagree as well, though she realizes its probably only one of 2 fights she won't win (the other topic I haven't discovered yet but I am holding out hope...) :mrgreen:

Ken
    Sorry, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....be glad you got that 1 fight one, you will never get the other one..... By the way, do not let her see this thread or you will loose that one too. She is just trying to keep you feeling bold.

I am truly sorry to be the one to say that, but I speak the truth. Please do not test this. I do not want you to be where I am at! :(
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Ha thanks for the practical wisdom (hey howd you know-when did you meet my wife..hahaha)...And lest anyone becomes concerned about my cavalier disrespect for the educational system...let me clarify- shes 4 years old (and can identify no less than 7 vfa squadrons by their squadron logo..... :D ) and presumably won't be missing too much.

ken

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

ACC was supposed to announce the March-July schedule by now but instead they teased us and announced up to late March. :?

Anyways who do you guys wish to see from ACC?

I personally hope for F-16 East because I saw them in Atlantic City last year and they put on an awesome show. I would also enjoy to see the F-22 to come back.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

The f-22 was amazing and would truly be a welcome site!

ken