Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Wow I cant believe its over. Just a busy 3 days with the Air Show/MAGDT/FRG action.
    Todays weather was incredible with bright sun and warm temps. I arrived a little after 11 and
    hunkered down in the lot by Dave & Busters off 1-9. The Warbirds were using 1-9 while everyone
    else was using 1. Around 12 I walked up to the fence line to see if the A-10 was getting ready to go
    up and they were AND so was the back-up CF-18!!! They taxied down to 1 and I moved back to the lot
    to have a better look. The A-10 went out first coming off the deck low. THEN!!!! the CF-18 also came
    off 1 LOW AND FAST and roared right past us!! That was amazing and set off the car alarm next to me!!
    I then went to the other side for the Blues departure. The C-130 used 3-2 and headed out and the
    Blues used 1-4. When they came back both used 3-2 to land.
    After that I went back to the fence by 1-9 and saw to my delight that the two F-18s were prepping to
    head out. I went back to my car to cool off in the A/C and on departure I heard them give the F-18s
    3-2 to depart. Well I departed also and headed over to the lot by the movie theater and went up to the
    fence by 1-4 and got a real nice view of their departure!!!
    From there I went to the Terminal to get an idea on when the Blues would depart. Given an ETD so I went
    back into my car and drove over to the theater lot thinking they would use 3-2. Uh oh the Blues decided to use 1-4 so I sped out and arrived just in time by the fence to see them leave. Very cool and yes Christina # 7 did a very nice departure!!!! The C-130 rolled to 3-2 and had to wait about 20 minutes before they were cleared to go.
    A wild 3 days but just so much fun. Now tonite I'll re-introduce myself to my family :) have a few adult
    beverages and watch some TV!!
    Great pictures, info and reporting by everyone here!! That really helped the whole weekend experience!!!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Post Show Notes & Review

AAM Warbirds/B-17 Yankee Lady/Warbirds Over Long Island: They really did an excellent performance this year. It was great to see so many vintage warbirds up at the same time.

Skytypers: As always they did an excellent job in their SNJ's. They even changed it up a bit this year!

Bill Kearns: He didn't fly today :(

USCG HU-25: It was nice to have something unique and it was the first time the USCG has demonstrated at the Jones Beach Airshow!

Ed Hamill: He didn't fly last year due to engine issues but he came back this year better than ever!

Julie Clark: Julie Clark really put on a show and honored the service men and women of America. You must really love your country to fly and hold the American flag at the same time!

Team Oracle: Arguably the most exciting 15 minutes of the show. Sean is a great guy and he never fails to put on a performance to get the crowd going!

Chuck Aaron: Another very unique performer. I still can't believe he can do that with a helicopter!

Red Bull Airforce: The jumpers were crazy fast and kept the crowd going! A+

Red Bull Edge: He did some crazy action packed maneuvers can't wait to see him next month!

John Klatt: Another performer that didn't come last year that I was excited to see. Boy can he fly!

Matt Chapman: He is one of my personal favorites. He really sets the airshow atmosphere and always has a great performance.

David Windmiller: Its always great to have a local show his passion for aviation, and David did just that. His performance is unbelievable I wish he could fly more shows!

106th ANG: The 106th Rescue Wing never fails to show the full capability of the Air National Guard. They were great this year!

US Army Golden Knights: I still don't know how these guys have the guts to jump out of a plane! Great performance.

CF-18: The CF-18 demo was a very unique one and was different from the normal USN F-18 demo. It was great!

A-10 Demo Boy can Dusty fly that hog! The performance was incredible!

Blue Angels: They were just amazing this year! And they never fail to scare me during those sneak passes!
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

I must say, I LOVE an Airshow weekend on Long Island..... I did the practice show on Friday, hung out with Moose and John K.

Saturday - was very iffy day due to overcast and threat of rain, So after I picked up my New lens (Canon 100-400mm L) went to FRG and stayed the whole day.

Saturday night - had a blast at American Airpower Museum for Night Under the Stars 2010 event.... It was great to meet new faces and old ones too..... We did stop shooting for 20 minutes due to rain around 10pm and than shoot again.... Have to thank the people at American Airpower Museum and Fred Miller for setting this up for us....

Sunday - Left house at 800am for the Airshow at Jones Beach and took Ocean Prkway, 4 miles from the Jones Beach Watertower it was all backed up and had Lot 4 closed already at 915am. I got into lot 3 and walked out onto the beach..... Holly man, I never seen a crowed of people this large in a couple of years..... Now I am a burnt lobster and uploading my shots from today..... Glad I was at the beach Sunday and had a BLAST....

Update: News 12 just reported that there where over 236,000 people at the show Sunday.... A new record for the airshow.....

Julie Clark: Julie Clark really put on a show and honored the service men and women of America. You must really love your country to fly and hold the American flag at the same time!

When Julie was getting ready to leave the controller in the Tower asked "Arent you the lady I saw flying upside down yesterday"?
    And he also commented about holding the flag while flying. She said its probably the hardest part of her routine!!
    She did do a great job all around!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard

When Julie was getting ready to leave the controller in the Tower asked "Arent you the lady I saw flying upside down yesterday"?
    And he also commented about holding the flag while flying. She said its probably the hardest part of her routine!!
    She did do a great job all around!!
    Were you the guy in front of us? If so Hi!

Yes the guy in the tower seemed very impressed with her. Girl power lol

Just a few from me today. Had a guest with me so didn't do too much shooting. Also had a different perspective today, was down toward the West Bath House.

Hope you like them.

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Program Coordinator

Man...that's a low pass. I'd love to see one that low!

Wow!

What a weekend!

This is by far my favorite show of the season, it's just too bad that it's my first one every year!

I'm working on the photo's but the sun beat the crap out of an amature like me. Any tips or advice is more than welcome!

Stay tuned...
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Spent the day in the old tower with Fred and company...it was a limbo contest today - how low could they go? With most departures using Rwy 1, they were all coming our way...

AMAZING shots Moose!!!!!

Another Airshow Weekend has come and gone. Had a great weekend. Really wish i was at the beach today, sounded amazing. But, we still have some AAM acts through the summer, and before you know it, CONEY ISLAND!!! Hope everyone had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Spent the day in the old tower with Fred and company...it was a limbo contest today - how low could they go? With most departures using Rwy 1, they were all coming our way...

Ditto on "Amazing". I especially love the hard shadow on the deck for the last one.

George

Great shots of the CF-18!! Thanks to everyone here for helping me to get the most out of this weekends events...when does the 2011 jones beach airshow thread start? :borat:

Ken

[quote=Christina][quote="GerardWere you the guy in front of us? If so Hi!
    Yes the guy in the tower seemed very impressed with her. Girl power lol[/quote]

I was parked just coming around the turn where the Hot Dog guy usually hangs out.
    But Hi anyway. :lol: